2 Weeks Difference Sigh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackstown Reef

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
2 weeks ago I was gliding effortlessly over the reef at Oil Slick Leap on Bonaire,in 82 degree water, in my skin, trying desperately to take it all in and not miss anything. What a great time.
Yesterday, Joe's Quarry, much cooler below the thermocline, in my 5 mil, trying desperately to see anything, like the treasure box. Its just not the same, but it still was a very nice day of diving with some very ncie people.:shakehead

Jackstown...welcome!

You are experiencing the all too common Post Depression Bonaire, or PDB. The cure? Start planning your next trip! Oil Slick is also one of my most favorite dives!

Liz

But my signature says it all! Yes, those tropical dives are nice but they just don't present much of a challenge.

Yeah glad I had my 7mm suit yesterday it was darn chilly at 40 ft yesterday. Bad enough at 20 but the one at 40 got my attention real fast.

Thermoclines....I remember those. Must.... have..... :water:

PADI Knight:
Yeah glad I had my 7mm suit yesterday it was darn chilly at 40 ft yesterday. Bad enough at 20 but the one at 40 got my attention real fast.

You must have been down at the cabin crusier, It is the coldest at 63 degrees.

Really the water is pretty warm right now, I start cooking in my 3mil above 20 feet!

1st thermocline drops into the mid/high 70's, the second is in the mid/high 60's.

It's in the 80's above 20 feet!

Land Locked:
You must have been down at the cabin crusier, It is the coldest at 63 degrees.

Really the water is pretty warm right now, I start cooking in my 3mil above 20 feet!

1st thermocline drops into the mid/high 70's, the second is in the mid/high 60's.

It's in the 80's above 20 feet!

That's nice & toasty compared to Pennyroyal below 60'. It's a refreshingly cool 46 degrees:D (Brrrrrr!).

Spend more time diving at Laurel Lake and Joe's blow 20 feet will feel more like bath water. Then again Mackinac Straits at 116 ffw is brisk and refreshing on a hot summer day. Both places were in the mid to upper 30's:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom