$20 to camp at Falling Rock..aka Joe's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just caught this. Do I understand that camping is 6.00 per night for everyone but Wally? Did he just single Wally out to charge 20.00 for some reason?:shocked2:

Ya know John, I don't think any of us can answer that question. All I know was what he told me. So I will assume that it is now $20 for everyone. And believe me I am spreading the word so it isn't a surprise to anyone else. Sad part is that I could have drove out Sunday and nobody would have known that I only paid $15 to dive Saturday.

Julie, I understand about the admission for the following day of camping. Nothing new at FRP or for that matter anyplace. But to pay $20 for camping and then be told that you owe another $7 for admission that day is total bull.

I have tried to see Joe's side of things the past couple of years. I understand that times are tough but it isn't just on him. Two years ago I made some bad decisions and almost lost my house. I honestly think that he could have floaters and divers and we both could be happy. But not under the conditions that are there now.
From talking with others that have dove for years, this is not an unusual cycle. Sad part is that the next step is that the quarry closes. I"m afraid that if it closes then it is gone for good. In many way, especially for Joe, I hope this cycle is broken.

As for me returning even to dive, I'm really not sure. Especially if the price is truly not $20 and Joe tried to rip me off. Maybe my truck will be stopping at Blue Springs in Waldron, IN.

If Cerulean has reopened, I have not heard. Not saying it has or hasn't. To be honest,.... it takes just as long for me to get to, is harder to find & doesn't offer the interests that Pennyroyal has (depth, attractions).

I've been to Cerulean once and was not impressed except for the amount and size of the catfish. Other than that, the diving was mediocre at best. I have never been to Pennyroyal and plan to sometime. If I'm going to make that long of a drive, I would rather go to Mermet, Pennyroyal or Gilboa.

From talking with others that have dove for years, this is not an unusual cycle. Sad part is that the next step is that the quarry closes. I"m afraid that if it closes then it is gone for good. In many way, especially for Joe, I hope this cycle is broken.

As for me returning even to dive, I'm really not sure. Especially if the price is truly not $20 and Joe tried to rip me off. Maybe my truck will be stopping at Blue Springs in Waldron, IN.

Let's hope that Joe pulls his ears up and sees the light. Between you guys, my fellow instructors at LDC and myself, we bring Joe a lot of business and $$. He's only shooting himself in the foot by being a a$$. Times are tough for everyone but that is no excuse for the way he's acting.

I'd like to hear a report on the conditions at BS. I haven't been up there for a few yrs. There are better places to go for the same $$ and distance but BS is always a option if we need a place to dive.

I've been to Cerulean once and was not impressed except for the amount and size of the catfish. Other than that, the diving was mediocre at best. I have never been to Pennyroyal and plan to sometime. If I'm going to make that long of a drive, I would rather go to Mermet, Pennyroyal or Gilboa.

I agree. It really doesn't offer much for the diver other than it is a decent training quarry because of its shallowness. From my understanding, many, if not all of the large fish were fished out soon after Dave left. That is where I did my OW check- out dives 5 yrs ago & I have done a couple other dives there afterwards to build confidence. If you're ever going to Pennyroyal, let me know. If I'm not working or teaching, I'd be glad to show you around. I probably have close to 300 dives there.

I'd like to hear a report on the conditions at BS. I haven't been up there for a few yrs. There are better places to go for the same $$ and distance but BS is always a option if we need a place to dive.

I'm thinking of going up there this weekend. I'll be sure to post a report if I do.

Tammy,

That's a bummer about all the fish in Cerulean. There were hundred of catfish and they were huge!
I'll let you know when I am headed down to Pennyroyal.

D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom