2002 Maximus Recall: Assistance Needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GRAPE APE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
MAXIMUS RECALL QUESTION: I purchased a Sherwood Maximus regulator second-hand with a serial number that appears to have been recalled via this information:

Maximus Regulators Recalled by Sherwood SCUBA

I have the regulator with me today at work. Is there a way to tell if my regulator has already been corrected via the recall by a previous owner? Can I tell via serial number history or by looking at the second stage? I have the serial number available but didn't want to post here.

I'm worried about it's reliability and would very much appreciate a detailed response. The regulator was inspected last week and minor parts replaced - passed with no issues, but I just now learned of this older recall from 2002.

Thank you for your time. appreciate any help anyone can provide - but really hoping ot get an official response form the Sherwood rep.

Grape Ape:
Please contact an authorized dealer and they will verify if the product has been retrofitted.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

I just picked up one of these used. Can you tell me if serial number K605644 has been repaired?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom