2004 coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quite nice surroundings you had there! Video was ok aswell except from you guys practically chasing and "interacting" with every living thing you got your hands on down there. Not that big a fan of touchibg creatures underwater or trying to chase them to better position for a picture or film clip.

Was anyone else rooting for the eel to turn around and bite the crap out of someone?

No... just me?

scubacoz22:
Wow what a great video Didnt know you could upload them for everyone to see like that. thanks for the share Kathy

I'm glad you liked it. If you have video clips yhat you want to share , use MPEGNATION sevices, for $4.99 they can host your clip for 6 months.
Paul

kapula:
Quite nice surroundings you had there! Video was ok aswell except from you guys practically chasing and "interacting" with every living thing you got your hands on down there. Not that big a fan of touchibg creatures underwater or trying to chase them to better position for a picture or film clip.

Dont warry, the guy that lured the eel out was the dive master , this eel is the main atraction of that specific divesite called TORMENTOS. We've dove that place many times and we encountered this eel every time, he(she)'s very frendly ,I was told that is around 18 years old and likes hotdogs, this is the secret for eels in general to bring them out in day time, as they are nocturnal.

Great music! Loved the scene of the jacks, but I almost got seasick from the topsy turvy gimik.... but then, that's part of the fun of diving!!! I've never seen a whole school of Angel fish like that before; 1 or 2 maybe.... but a whole school!!! WOW!

Overall quality was awesome... so..... what type of camera? post production tips? etc etc etc...

but alas.... you only learn from the 'unflattering' feedback.....

these are just my $0.02 worth - but.....

dude..... LEAVE THE SEALIFE ALONE!!!!!! dang. If it's the divemaster doing the dirty work.... let him know you're buckage will be on the boat down the road if he keeps that crap up.

don't be sooooo aggressive... 11 minutes of critters butts as they try to run away from you is .... well...... hang loose in the water a bit more and approach critters slowly and you won't end up with a reel full of fish butts. i know some critters are almost impossible to approach, but....

again, these are just my $0.02 worth - i'm not trying to be mean... i don't do any better, but it's some of the things i'm trying to work on.

meekal:
Great music! Loved the scene of the jacks, but I almost got seasick from the topsy turvy gimik.... but then, that's part of the fun of diving!!! I've never seen a whole school of Angel fish like that before; 1 or 2 maybe.... but a whole school!!! WOW!

Overall quality was awesome... so..... what type of camera? post production tips? etc etc etc...

but alas.... you only learn from the 'unflattering' feedback.....

these are just my $0.02 worth - but.....

dude..... LEAVE THE SEALIFE ALONE!!!!!! dang. If it's the divemaster doing the dirty work.... let him know you're buckage will be on the boat down the road if he keeps that crap up.

don't be sooooo aggressive... 11 minutes of critters butts as they try to run away from you is .... well...... hang loose in the water a bit more and approach critters slowly and you won't end up with a reel full of fish butts. i know some critters are almost impossible to approach, but....

again, these are just my $0.02 worth - i'm not trying to be mean... i don't do any better, but it's some of the things i'm trying to work on.

Thank you for your good remarks and here are the answers for your questions,
The camcorder is a Sony dcr trv38 single chip 1.07 megapixels bought last year and the housing is also a Sony MPK TRV1 six years old, if you wached my other video on this forum, that one was taped with a dig8 sony .
Regarding editing I use Media Studio Pro 6.0 for capture and editing and for titles and music I use Ulead video studio 9 that is more user frendly .
I know that it looks that we were somehow abusive with that eel, but belive me there was no damage, he's still there waiting to show off for the divers.
Regarding the "fish butts" (is very funny the way you put it), in general in Cozumel most of the dives are drift dives and it's hard to stay in one place for too long to wait for a good shut but I'll try my best next week when I'll be there.
Happy diving, Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom