2005 Darwin Award Winners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course, the vast majority of the Darwin Awards are made up (such as the Impala with the JATO one) but still funny as all hell. Notice how they all sound like they were written by the same person and never include original source such as newspaper article? There are some very amazing real ones occaisionally. I wish they would filter out the imaginative ones. The list definitely has no credibility as it is.

liberato:
Of course, the vast majority of the Darwin Awards are made up (such as the Impala with the JATO one) but still funny as all hell. Notice how they all sound like they were written by the same person and never include original source such as newspaper article? There are some very amazing real ones occaisionally. I wish they would filter out the imaginative ones. The list definitely has no credibility as it is.
Of course they have no credibility, but really, does that make them any less amusing :D

liberato:
The list definitely has no credibility as it is.

hehehe... but think about this... why would credibility be useful for this list?

"Jones, get me moron XYZ from this list! THis company can not live without
this sort of idiocy"

"Sorry, sir... that list has no credibility. I am afarid we'll have to find our
morons some other way."

Here's a weird coincidence. Last night Discovery's Myth Busters guys set out to, guess what, attach a JATO unit to an Impala! They had a heck of a time finding the correct vintage vehicle and an even more difficult time getting a real JATO unit (they ultimately had to settle for a "JATO equivalent").

Neither were willing to drive the stupid thing so they remote controlled it. They got it up to 80 then fired the rockets. I can't remember if they actually clocked the terminal velocity but it was probably around 150 of so. No liftoff, though. They should have put a few more rockets on it while they were at it. What a job they have!

Back
Top Bottom