2006 Atlantic / Eastern North Pacific storm names

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MoonWrasse

Contributor
Reaction score
Here comes hurricane season!
Tropical Storm
Hurricane
2006 Atlantic storm names
====================
Alberto - Adams Beach (Big Bend), FL
Beryl
Chris
Debby
Ernesto
Florence
Gordon
Helene
Isaac
Joyce
Kirk
Leslie
Michael
Nadine
Oscar
Patty
Rafael
Sandy
Tony
Valerie
William

And here are the names for the Eastern Northern Pacific:
=========
Aletta
Bud
Carlotta
Daniel
Emilia
Fabio
Gilma
Hector
Ileana
John
Kristy
Lane
Miriam
Norman
Olivia
Paul
Rosa
Sergio
Tara
Vicente
Willa
Xavier
Yolanda
Zeke

Here's the NOAA page, with names for the next several years as well as information on the whole naming process:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

maybe someone could sticky this thread, or at least unsticky the 2005 one ...

Damselfish:
maybe someone could sticky this thread, or at least unsticky the 2005 one ...
Done, probably one of us might even update the list with landfalls and whether they were TS or Hurricanes too :wink:

Beryl is out there now, doesn't look like it will cause much trouble. (Unless you're diving off N Carolina.)

MoonWrasse:
So the north pacific has been more active than the Atlantic side this year, with 3 named hurricanes.
I believe the words you missed out there are "so far", its still pretty early in both seasons to really do anything but a quick count of storms - lets tally at the end of the season/year :wink:

MoonWrasse:
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you guys weren't meeting expectations :D

Hey, thanks for setting this up! I did it the past few years but this year am 'internet challenged' while going through a transition in living quarters. Feel free to post updates.. Simon seems to be on more and I'm getting better arrangements made to be online at least every other day to catch up with things.:coffee:

BTW, the news paper here has published something stating that the hurricane season may just starting to get underway meaning those names will be red or blue soon!

CBulla:
BTW, the news paper here has published something stating that the hurricane season may just starting to get underway meaning those names will be red or blue soon!
At least you dont have to worry about boarding up the house and worrying about how rowdy the neighbors are around you without power - now you can just (hopefully) get some gas and get the hell out of there with all your essential stuff in tow! :wink: I like the sound of that. We have a buffer in Orlando - its called the east and west coasts of Florida, so yet again i will get ready for lack of power and such, with a very slim likelihood that anything more than that will happen here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom