2006 Club Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice dive schedule! I hope to be in on a few, or add some new ones. I LOVE diving the St lawerence, and have my OWN boat, so I can be easily talked into going up there. I also dive dry but none of my regular dive partners do (although he's shopping now), so I'm looking for some one to hit the water with. I am starting to make the transition to Tech now, so the 2007 trip to the Empress will spur me along. Isn't that a 80-120 foot dive anyway? I do know, the current up there, can make the islands look like a farm pond though! Anyway, hope to meet ya'll soon!

erdoc1:
I see what you mean. Took a look over at the big, impressive scuba shop in town today and while I was impressed with the training facilities, the full-price retail approach and the "you need the most expensive stuff" approach turned me off. The other shop in town didn't seem like that at all though, very low key sales pitch but nowhere near as helpful as Darryl. He gave us a two-hour intro to scuba gear and we were rapt the whole time.

Is ordering over the internet really that bad as the impressive shop owner told us? That our stuff will instantly explode upon contact with the water, and we might as well throw it away when it comes via UPS?

Hey - wanted to ask you guys about the dive sites in the St Lawrence... what's to see there, and what are the conditions like?

I buy all of my gear online, and have ZERO problems at all! Most of my stuff were used too - I bought my drysuit & poseidon's here at scubaboard, and I got my Zeagle ranger BCD from eBay. The poseidon's were serviced at that big fancy shop in rochester and I didnt have any compliants.

If I were you, I'd suggest shopping online. Nothing wrong with that and its not your problem if they ask full MSRP.

Firediver-how big is your boat??? Any interest in diving the St Pete? We could use more members with boats. We can split the gas and have a good day diving!

Firediver32:
Nice dive schedule! I hope to be in on a few, or add some new ones. I LOVE diving the St lawerence, and have my OWN boat, so I can be easily talked into going up there. I also dive dry but none of my regular dive partners do (although he's shopping now), so I'm looking for some one to hit the water with. I am starting to make the transition to Tech now, so the 2007 trip to the Empress will spur me along. Isn't that a 80-120 foot dive anyway? I do know, the current up there, can make the islands look like a farm pond though! Anyway, hope to meet ya'll soon!

Hey Firediver!! We're going to be real good buddies!! I love the islands too!! My tec transition is in progress.

The St Pete is 120' The Empress is 140' to the mud, but most dives are above that. Most of my diving is Dry, although I do like a wetsuit when it's warm enough.

I've done some 1000 Island tec dives where the current was ripping much more than the rec dives I've done there (The Jodery and the Oconto) and not many places to get out of it until you're on the wreck at 140 or so.

Hey all, my boat is a 19 foot open bow bay liner. Not the best set up for a dive boat, but it works. I have been on the Pete several times, but never on my boat. If its not bouy'd it may be tough to find (I have a gps and the coords, and a fish finder) but I've been out with others and we've had trouble locating it. However, I heard a rumor, that somebody has a large buoy, and my be placing it on the wreck this year (wink, wink). This is only hear say though.......

hope I can meet up with every body soon.

Dan

ya know guys.... it IS time for a group meeting!!! Lets get some plans going for the spring/summer!

Dan-make sure whoever might be placing a bouy on the Pete, they use a chain!! Seems everytime someone bouys that wreck, the fishermen take the bouy the next day. Last time we were out there the bouy was missing and we couldn't find the wreck.

hnladue:
Dan-make sure whoever might be placing a bouy on the Pete, they use a chain!! Seems everytime someone bouys that wreck, the fishermen take the bouy the next day. Last time we were out there the bouy was missing and we couldn't find the wreck.

I hear you on that. No more dives to 100 ft. searching the bottom for NO WRECK!!!

Like I said, it's only a rumor, but who ever it is is well aware it gets cut alot, so a cable may be in order, like the one one that goes from the wreck to the LP tank. Again, only hear say......

Back
Top Bottom