2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love it! Strong is the new skinny. And yes, I've seen burpees done and have so far managed to avoid them. I'd rather run. LOL

I have a springer spaniel and a springer mix. Defacto genes make them "boundless energy." We call our Charlie, our ADHD crack puppy! LOL

P1121796.jpg

yes, he LOVES lobster!! LOL
and a little video of Charlie from last year...that's Lyla that walks in front. :)
Critters :: Charlie, the diving dog video by scuba_jenny - Photobucket

Reactions: Ana
Ok you are right Charlie is way too cool to get rid of him
.... but maybe get him to chase chickens before you go running ????

LOL. Yeah. Today we went to the dog park, so they could get some real exercise in. I ran for almost an hour, they doubled my distance! LOL. Both are laying down. Life is good. :)

I've been running barefoot all summer, in the grass and a little pavement. Got a 5K coming up and know that my feet can't handle that far on asphalt yet, so I've been running with my VFFs on sidewalks and streets the past couple weeks AND trying to increase distance. Probably a bad idea.. got some top of foot pain which indicates that if I don't take care of it, I can get a stress fracture. yuk. Went to acupuncture the other day and he stuck some needles in it. Feels MUCH better already. Just give it another day or so (Friday) and start back slow and not as far, no matter how good I feel! LOL Tested the foot out a little today and all was good.

Doesn't sound pleasant. I'm not much of a runner, so I don't have shoe suggestions for all that distance.

Coincidentally I just got a pair of "NIKE FREE RUN+2" haven't try them yet, they were recommended to me at the crossfit gym in Tamarac. Was thinking about testing them today but I'm still sore from yesterday's work out.

Now I have an intermediate goal, in order to seriously get strong without killing myself there is so much technique I need to learn. Part of the WOD for yesterday was to do a "Power Clean" with a stupid amount of pounds... pffffff what a crappy form I have, it isn't just that I had to scale the pounds down which is totally understandable but even going over the motions with a pvc pipe I have bad form. Then again, by the time I completed the warm up exercises (3 rounds of rowing machine and 10 burpess) I was half dead.

Oh well... only mid week so far. Let's see how much we can accomplish by Sunday night. For sure I want to test my new shoes.

good luck with the VFF's what would be your option if those don't work? One of my kids used them for a year or so and pretty much wore them out for long runs and for anything but then again he doesn't have any issues with his feet.

I'm sticking with my VFFs. I have a pair of NB Minimus, but they give my one foot blisters. I'm thinking that IF I do the 1/2 in February (or the one the end of Jan), I will start out in my sneakers and take them off about 1/2 way...finishing in my VFFs or barefoot.

Sounds like Crossfit has your number! Those burpees are killer! but you are doing them! WTG!

Yo, Roxanne.. where are you??

After taking almost two weeks off of running, and did other exercises, I got in an hour run today. Felt good. Nice n slow.

motivated to lose weight? :D

Ran a 5k today.

I slept horrible last night. Tossed n turned. Hot n cold. Finally got up, had a bite to eat and headed out. Thank God for that extra hour! Met up with an online buddy, she was doing the half. I started my race, got about 1.75 miles in and met up with a women who I had been trying to catch. Turns out she's a band mom too of a 16 yr old girl! How odd is that? We chit chatted and ran along, keeping each other going.. or at least she kept me going, especially at the end when my gas started to run out. Then came the finish line and I did a last go-for-it sprint. Beat my last 5k time by a minute and a half!!!! Official time- 38:29. Met goal one of finishing, and goal 2 of coming in under 39. Goal 3 now becomes goal 2 for the next race- a sub 38.
Ran in my VFFs. Feet feel great! Form stayed good throughout and with the help of the inhaler just before the start, I could breathe!!!

Sorry, I'm here. Finally done traveling for awhile. It was a very busy from the end of September through today. Whew!
Even though I tried to be good, I blew it and gained 5 pds back. Ugh! :(
I going to get back on track starting tomorrow.

But, you my dear look fan-tas-tic!!!!!!
Keep up the good work and you inspire me to get back in gear. We have worked too hard and feel much better with the weight off!

Oh, love the video!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom