2012 Locker equipment Could I use a hand pump?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pavelow-drv

Reaction score
O.K. I am building my 2012/war of the words locker equipment. Are there any health reasons I couldn't use a hand pump to jam my tanks? I am looking for backup plan for island living if I have no power or fuel for my compressor.

I am thinking outside of the box here so replacing the grease from petroleum to FDA/Food grade silicone grease is an option if that helps my case.

Axsor 3-stage PCP hand pump - Axsor - AirGun Accesories
axsor-axsor-3stage-hand-pump-p-1562.html

That's definitely outside the box,

I wonder how many .cu in each stroke generates @ 3000 psi.

I wonder how many tanks it could fill before it wore out

There's nothing to filter the air. And most filters hold at least a few cubic feet of gas. (not that that's a bad thing normally, but if you see that it has bled down to zero, you're gonna be mighty unhappy.

I too, would be worried about how long it would last.

There was an old push-pull pump that was available to fill tanks (mounted to the floor or a long, wide board), which two people would push and pull a big lever. That might be more suited for the purpose, if you could find one. It would obviously still need a filter, too.

One thing for sure you would be in pretty good shape after filling a couple of 80's

I like the idea of an air amplifier but remember this is 2012 and I have NO power for the seed pressure. Also an air amp needs oil filters, etc. If I use a plunger type pump I don't think there is any oil to filter..

Back
Top Bottom