2012 NACD Safety Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NACD

Reaction score
Hey all, just a reminder of the NACD Safety Day which will be Saturday, April 14 probably at Ginnie. I n the past, this day has been about 3 hours devoted towards safety topics and experiences followed by lunch and door prizes and then some diving with an instructor if you wish and with drills if you desire. We have a few ideas for the event but if any of you have any thoughts, let me know. I will post more information as it becomes available.Safe diving,Sandy Robinsonpr@safecavediving.com

Hey all, here is an update on the NACD Safety Day at Ginnie on April 14, 2012 from 10AM to 4PM. The fee is $25 which will cover lunch, snacks, refreshments and a tee-shirt. Dive/entry fees for Ginnie are not included. Also, this year, we have added an optional DAN O2 Provider course. It will be an additional $25 but that also includes the materials.We have had a few ideas for the workshop. If you have more, send them my way.In the near future, you will be able to register online at National Association For Cave Diving. I'll keep you posted.Sandy Robinsonpr@safecavediving.com

Hey all, we have updated the website where you can register online. Go to National Association For Cave Diving, click on the online store, and then click on the package of your choice – with or without the DAN O2 Provider course. Regarding the O2 course, the fee covers the course materials, and the instruction is free. Upon successful completion of the course, you can get a card for free.

Hey, just a bump to remind you of the NACD Safety Day which is 5 weeks away. Safety Day is a great opportunity to discuss a variety of cave training and safety topics with an NACD instructor. If you are interested let me know or you can register online at National Association For Cave Diving. Once in the website, click on the online store icon. Remember also that you can register for an optional DAN O2 Provider course. You must pay $25 for the book but instruction is free.

Hope to see you at Ginnie on April 14.

Sandy Robinson
pr@safecavediving.com

Another bump, not too late to sign up. I will try to post an agenda within the week.

Also, last year, we had a group meet for supper at the Great Outdoors in High Springs the night before. If anyone is interested in doing this again, let me know.

Hope to see you on the 14th.

Sandy Robinson
pr@safecavediving.com

Remember to register by March 31 for an event t-shirt. If there are any topics you want to discuss, let us know. This event is for everyone especially those who may have questions on cave procedures, practices, and safety. Our current agenda is as follows.

9 to 10AM - Meet and greet
10 to 12 - Safety presentation - any topics that you want but I believe DCS will be one topic
12 to 1 - Lunch provided by the NACD
1 to 4 - optional DAN O2 Provider class - a great class for your buddy to attend
icon_smile.gif

Also, if anyone would like a skills review, let me or Bert know and we will find an instructor to help you.

Sandy Robinson
pr@safecavediving.com

I'll be there helping out ...

i hope y'all are having a great time. i'm sure there will be a nice report in the journal, but a small one here would be welcome, hint hint...

It was a good time with a good turnout. The "Incident Analysis" dicussion led by Larry & Bert was lively and informative.
Some good prizes were given out via the raffle. Tee Shirts, books, nitrox cards, maps, an Intova backup light.

Carla brought us some good sandwiches, chips and chocolate chip cookies, water and sodas for lunch.

Don & Tracy conducted an Oxygen Provider certification course for several members.

It was a very good event....

Thanks to Bert Wilcher, Larry Green, Jim Wyatt, Don Syme, Tracy Grubbs, and Rob Neto for volunteering their time on Saturday morning at Safety Day at Ginnie Springs. These guys could have been in the water somewhere on a beautiful Saturday but spent it with us. There were an additional 16 to 18 attendees ranging from cavern to cave; SM and BM, OC and RB. I think we all left with more knowledge as a result of their knowledge and experiences.

We appreciate Ginnie Springs, Cave Country Dive Shop, and Amigos for use of the pavilion and the door prizes.

Also, thanks to Tracy Grubbs and Don Symes for teaching the DAN O2 Providers Course (for the cost of the book) on Saturday afternoon. I took a similar course from another agency 5 or 6 years ago and this class was considerably more in depth. My only regret was not dragging my buddy alongJ Thanks again for your time.

Back
Top Bottom