2014 Invasion Shark/Dolphin Signup Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For either, or both the shark dive, or dolphin dive, will we be sacrificing regular boat dives? If so how many, and on which days?

I think we are interested in these activities, but want to weigh our options.

Thanks, Danny and Mary

Also, if this has been discussed elsewhere, forgive my ignorance please.

Here is AKR response below, I will add it to the first page post.

Dennis

The shark dives will be planned for 7:15am, so you would miss the first morning dive. The dolphin dive is planned for 8:30 and 1:15 on certain days. You would miss the first morning dive, or the afternoon dive. We will not know what days each will be on until you arrive.

Kevin

You can put me down for the Dolphin Dive! :cheers:

You have been added

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis - Please remove me from both dives as I don't want to pay for 2 dives and give up 4.

Thanks,

Please see below Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is AKR response below, I will add it to the first page post.

Dennis

The shark dives will be planned for 7:15am, so you would miss the first morning dive. The dolphin dive is planned for 8:30 and 1:15 on certain days. You would miss the first morning dive, or the afternoon dive. We will not know what days each will be on until you arrive.

Kevin

Ummm, is missing a boat dive where the $50.00 credit comes from or did you negotiate that separately? Not a fan of missing one thing that's paid for to do another that's not paid for.

Ok Clarification needed I see.

First, you will only miss a 1 tank boat dive to do either the shark or dolphin dive.
All of our boat dives in the package are 1 tank since the reef is so close.
Boats leave at 8:30, 10:30 and 2:30 Daily.

Second the 50.00 activity credit is part of our package.
Whether you use it or not is up to you, it is a discount towards activities.

The Shark & Dolphin dives are run by 2 separate company's and NOT Anthony's Key.
Which is another reason I am trying to make sure we have enough space for those who wish to go.

Please let me know if anyone wants to change by posting here.

I have added the 1 tank only information to the first post.

Last edited:
Thank you for the clarification. I'm still in. :eek:k:

Dennis, for those of us staying two weeks, do we get two $50 credits, one for each week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One point of clarity - the shark dive is done at a location on the south side off the airport. So I'm sure AKR will transport you there.
Roatan Shark Dive

fwiw, in my experience that's the only place you'll see sharks off Roatan. Wild dolphins are sometimes seen east of AKR - there's even a dolphin graveyard at one advanced (cave) site. It's thought they went in there and couldn't get back out due to sonar confusion.

The dolphin dive is done off AKR's property about 5mins from the dive dock - on one of their boats. It's a very enjoyable encounter - you first "meet" your dolphins at Bailey's Key then they follow you out to the dive site. It's a flat sandy area at 60' so bring cameras. And you might get shots like this:

smDavesdolphin.jpg

(photo credit to my dive buddy Dave.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom