2017 Dive Stats and Highlights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the past I've carried schrader valves in my save-a-dive kit. Now days I carry a power inflator assembly that fits both mine and wife's Zeagles. I'm sure other brands work as well. They are relatively easy to repair, but while traveling it's just easier to screw on a new one and fix the other later. YMMV.

Had the sticking button problem (not while diving) when checking gear before last couple of trips. Rinsed with warm water to dissolve salt that I didn't get rinsed off on previous trip - just my guess - but it eliminated the sticking! In this case I had the power inflator button replaced and the cutoff valve repaired. In looking at the old parts, it looked like they needed replaced. Works fine now.
Looks like you solved the problem with your inflator and I don't know what kind of BC you have but I thought I would let you know that there was a recall on some of the Aqualung inflators. RECALL NOTICE - Powerline inflators - Aqua Lung US - Recreational and Professional Scuba Diving Gear
My girlfriend had one of the ones that was recalled and we had it replaced about a year ago even though she never had any problems.

Looks like you solved the problem with your inflator and I don't know what kind of BC you have but I thought I would let you know that there was a recall on some of the Aqualung inflators.

Thanks for the post. Fortunately it's not my model. I think I would have been upset if it would have been recalled and I paid for the repair, because I would have expected the LDS to alert me to that.

That is almost always caused by a sticking inflator button on the BC. Simply twisting the button usually solves the problem, followed by washing it after the dive.

... or just disconnect the darn thing and go with manual inflate ... a bit of a PITA, but not really all that hard to do ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom