For Sale 2018 Argonaut Kraken, VDH Backplate + Extras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grabby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
SOLD SOLD SOLD

I'm selling my 2018 model Argonaut Kraken, including the VDH Backplate as well as the hardware for the plate and the webbing (webbing is cut for a small diver (5'9 - 155 lbs). The Kraken was the eighth made in 2018, and has a grand total of 3 dives on it. I'm also including six (6) hose weights for the Kraken, plus a new Aqualung Comfobite mouthpiece.

The 2019 Kraken will not be released for a number of months, so I'm hoping this package will move at $450 Shipped via USPS.

PLEASE READ - I will ship this the day it is purchased, BUT, I live on a remote island in the Pacific (military installation). We can ship only via USPS here, but it takes, on average, 14-18 days for packages shipped from here to arrive at their mainland U.S. destination. I will ship insured, but please understand that it will not arrive in a few days. I can do absolutely nothing about this!!! I will happily accept PayPal, which offers you the buyer an extra layer of protection.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Kraken 2.jpg
Kraken.jpg
Kraken 3.jpg
Kraken 1.jpg

How do you like the Kraken? I've been looking at them for the past year thinking it would be fun to have, not that I need another regulator, but I'm tempted.

How do you like the Kraken? I've been looking at them for the past year thinking it would be fun to have, not that I need another regulator, but I'm tempted.

That is a really good price for all of it.
The AK, like any double hose reg, requires the diver to be a bit more selective on it's placement on your back and requires a slightly different diving style. It takes a bit to get use to it but once you do, many of us prefer them over single hose regs. Unlike DH regs of the past or the later Mistral, the AK is an extremely easy breathing reg, it outperforms most of the high end major brands. Since it has the necessary HP and LP ports, it can be dove anywhere with all the modern gadgets or if you prefer, remove them, add port plugs and dive it old school. The designer, manufacturer and many who were on the development team (myself included) are here on the board so you can get any help you may need directly from the horses mouth. Then there is the "cool" factor, I get ask all the time about it.

Great price.... I'd love to have one. Where or who would you go to learn to dive one of these? Just figure it out in a pool on your own?

For me, it was finding old texts, and places like Vintage Double Hose which hosts a forum. Plenty of beneficial stuff and great folks. Some occasionally lurk here....

Great price.... I'd love to have one. Where or who would you go to learn to dive one of these? Just figure it out in a pool on your own?

I looked up some articles on Vintage Double Hose first, then waded in the ocean with my wife by my side while on her normal gear and gave it a go! Clearing was pretty straight forward, and I had my wife take pictures to see how everything was positioned.

Back
Top Bottom