For Sale 2018 Argonaut Kraken, VDH Backplate + Extras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of it is difficult, it's just different and you need to understand it. For example, there is no purge button so you have to clear the hoses in one of several different ways. More than I want to describe here but you must learn how. Diver position has a lot to do with how the reg performs, which is something you need to learn to use to your advantage. The best way to learn is to mentor with someone who dives DH regs but learning all you can about them from reading, experimenting in a pool and asking questions on line is also very helpful. I would suggest that anyone interested in DH regs, be they vintage or the AK come to the Vintage Double Hose forum. New DH divers are always welcome and there are lots of active DH divers there who are happy to help. SB is a great forum for all things scuba but VDH is a lot more specialized. DH diving is a bit different but I find the rewards well worth it. I find them more comfortable, fish are less scared by them, they are quieter, bubbles do not get in the frame of video or photos and the cool factor, a lot of divers are curious about them.
For anyone interested in DH diving, this is a good deal for a great reg.

How do you like the Kraken? I've been looking at them for the past year thinking it would be fun to have, not that I need another regulator, but I'm tempted.
Buy it, I’ll bring mine and we can arrange to dive it in Monterey, really nothing to it but a few things done differently as has already been stated.

I looked up some articles on Vintage Double Hose first, then waded in the ocean with my wife by my side while on her normal gear and gave it a go! Clearing was pretty straight forward, and I had my wife take pictures to see how everything was positioned.

Still have this? You have a ballpark estimate of cost to get routinely serviced, no special repairs?

The service kit is $30 and $6 for the DSV, not sure what Bryan charges to service one. Drop him an email and ask.

routinely serviced

If you research these things, they seem to be the Energizer Bunny of regulators.... Rebuilds are happening out of curiosity more than need. Some at the 4 digit dive count on them.

My friend just bought one, I kind of steered him into it so feel a bit responsible. Is there a link or can someone share any need to know tips? He wants to take it out this weekend. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0930539A-5EFB-48E6-8BD7-DBD5AF1FC009.jpeg

when you wear it, the can should be between your shoulder blades. It may be a challenge for him to drop it that low, and it will breathe less than optimal if it is high.

Back
Top Bottom