22 DIN Question???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thunder Bay Minnow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a 22 first stage, set up for DIN. I have been using a yoke adaptor.

Recently I purchased two HP steel 100 tanks with DIN.

When I removed the yoke adapter and tried attaching the DIN, the threads on the regulator never bottomed out. I have tightened as much as I can with the tightening "wheel" But the first stage just flops around and of course there is no seal.

HELP?!?!?!?!??!

Jeff

Sounds like your trying to fit a 200bar/3000psi reg. into a 300bar/4400psi valve :confused:

Usually, the regulator is 300 bar to fit both 200 and 300 bar tank valves. I'm assuming there is an o-ring on the reg??, or you may indeed have a 200 bar regulator. A 200 bar DIN tank valve allows a yoke insert to be used to convert back and forth between yoke and DIN. While 300 bar tank valves are preferred for technical diving, you may want to consider selling them and buying 200 bar valves with inserts(remove for DIN reg).

PS. I have two nice OMS 200-bar valves that I would trade for two good condition 300 bar valves. Just a thought.

Very few 200 BAR regulators were made, and those were found in Europe, never in the US unless someone brought one here. The 200 vs 300 BAR rating has nothing to do with the PSI rating - just the amount of threads. All DIN regs are 300 BAR, and will work with 200 or 300 BAR valves.

If you use a DIN reg on a 200 BAR valve, you will see some of the threads from the reg sticking out. This is normal. The reg body may also swivel. The seal is made at the end of the DIN fitting. As long as their is an o-ring on it, it will seal. If you crack the valve, and pressurize the system, you will know instantly if a seal is not made, and the body of the reg should stop swiveling.

I have a 22 first stage, set up for DIN. I have been using a yoke adaptor.

Recently I purchased two HP steel 100 tanks with DIN.

When I removed the yoke adapter and tried attaching the DIN, the threads on the regulator never bottomed out. I have tightened as much as I can with the tightening "wheel" But the first stage just flops around and of course there is no seal.

HELP?!?!?!?!??!

Jeff

Years ago I bought a Mares VR16 with DIN from Leisure Pro on a close out special. When it came in the first thing I did of course was to try it out on my HP tanks. To my surprise it wouldn't seal.

I called Leisures Pro back and found out that the special was for the 200 Bar 5 thread version not the 300 Bar 7 thread version. So $50 later and shipping I had the 7 thread version. Unscrewed the 5 thread and replaced it with the 7. I sold the 200 Bar version on Ebay and recovered some of my money.

The 300 Bar/7 thread will fit 200 and 300 tanks but of course not the other way.

If all your regs. and other tanks are the 5 thread version you may be able to purchase a couple of valves that will fit your tanks. Since they have screw out inserts they are not the high pressure valve used in 3500 psi tanks. They are the mid pressure tank, 3442 and you can probably get replacement valves. Dive Rite, Leisure Pro, Northwest Scuba to name a few sources.

Hope this helps.

LeisurePro is notorious for getting overstock and discontinued product from Europe and selling it in the states. This has happened to a couple of people I know. Not that big of a deal, except for regs and obtaining parts. Hence, no warranties are usually observed. Ask Padipro about his 'European' reg purchased from LP many years ago and the response he got when he took it in for service(he figured it was a US version).

Ok, so I should be able to count the threads to tell if it is a 200 bar (5 thread) or a 300 bar (7 thread)?

And a 200 bar (5 thread) can not be used in a 300 bar (7 thread) valve?

Because it can not "bottom out" or properly seat the seal?

Jeff

Ok, so I have a MR22 with a 200 bar DIN.

I want to use it on my high pressure tank that has a 300 bar DIN.

What are my options?

What is the pressure limit on a MR22? Can it be used with high pressure?

Jeff

I your cylinders are 3/4 threads, you can replace the valves with 200 BAR. If not, you're SOL.

Ok, so I have a MR22 with a 200 bar DIN.

I want to use it on my high pressure tank that has a 300 bar DIN.

What are my options?

What is the pressure limit on a MR22? Can it be used with high pressure?

Jeff

Just one,replace the 200 bar for a 300 :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom