25 years of Dive Law

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CD15729

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Well, one could spend alot of time about the oddessy of Dive Law! Just the fence hopping of Mr. Lesser, partners break up, falling out with PADI, Loydds, and V and B etc.

Tit Bits, a former head of QA for PADI is a staff Atty with Rick..... I haven't looked at his site but is he still on PCH in Redondo Beach, 1 Pearl Street. Most successful Atty's are in the "Piece of Work" grouping. Don't kid youself Rick know his stuff and is a true advocate.

Here are a few more tid bits. All the big suits are in the U.S. and very many are from boats. Well, here is the shot. Even if the get a huge judgement as in the Isham case you gottta remember that once you go on a vessell U.S. Maritime Law and there are somie dandy protection issues like limits of recovery equal to the value of the boat. There are lots of lawyer targets but the big ones are no the vessell owners and scub instructors and like trying to get blood from a rock. No MONEY.

If you are reading thsi Rick do you still have that PADI Happy Coat you wore to the first big PADI Japan party... Wasn't that one at DEMA in Houston about 20 years ago???

I think I will have a bite of fun here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom