$250 for PADI OW manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In some places $250 will get you the whole course- manual/materials included (not including mask, fins, snorkel, of course).

With me $250 does includes mfs, rental! :eyebrow:

(limited time offer, 2 student minimum)

I would recommend that you get your OW crewpack from the LDS that you are going to take classes with. Something has to pay the bills, economy sucks right now and your LDS probably would appreciate the Biz. If I had a new OW student sign up and then show up for classes with the OW book, I would be floored, not to mention, is it the current edition?

I would recommend that you get your OW crewpack from the LDS that you are going to take classes with. Something has to pay the bills, economy sucks right now and your LDS probably would appreciate the Biz. If I had a new OW student sign up and then show up for classes with the OW book, I would be floored, not to mention, is it the current edition?
I agree. Not very cool buying materials or equipment online and then expecting the LDS or instructor to give you quality instruction. At the end of the day, the LDS and instructors don't get rich teaching classes. Still haven't figured out how to get gas fills online and your initial cost and maintainence of a compressor is kind of pricey.

Agreed. And the whole course may be close to $250.

Can get it from the PADI UK members site for £30 incl RDP, so about $45. Still pricey considering it's the same manual that's been circulating for about 25 yrs (with a few changes). Should be a Penguin Classic by now!

Until the LDS gets their prices in line with reality, I am going to purchase items at the cheapest place possible whether it is manuals, regs, bc's, or my wetsuit. Now if the lessons are expensive and I get quality training then it is money well spent. Spare me the online airfill or someone has to keep the doors open argument.

I have to agree with this. I can see both sides of the issue, but lets face it, we are all looking for the best bang for our buck. I'll pay more than the internet price to buy local, but I won't pay double the price.

Until the LDS gets their prices in line with reality, I am going to purchase items at the cheapest place possible whether it is manuals, regs, bc's, or my wetsuit. Now if the lessons are expensive and I get quality training then it is money well spent. Spare me the online airfill or someone has to keep the doors open argument.

In some places $250 will get you the whole course- manual/materials included (not including mask, fins, snorkel, of course).
225.00 start to finish here with books and everything! No hidden cost or anything :)

halemano, K ellis, Come to think of it, I bought the m/f/s on a special offer that went along with the OW course cost. Had I not bought them I believe our shop would've also included rentals to use. So that may be the norm.

Back
Top Bottom