2nd Annual RMO South Meet, Greet, Dive, and Eat! (Sept 20~21st)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D Green truck with camper shell, should be parked right up front with a tent. :D
Cool, see ya Saturday!

Kevin,

Nice Shot! Divers should be smiling when they exit the water! Unfortunately I was really not exiting, so what was my excuse! :rofl3:

All,

I'm glad everyone had a good time. Hope Rick finds his stuff. I did not loose anything, nor did I gain anything!

I also have a Stand like Jason's. I found it at the Home Depot. Last time I looked, maybe a month ago they had these.

Honestly, at the Hole, a stand is not necessary IF you are using the table area. However it does give some extra room. I purchase one for..... a shop bench! Go figure! My compound miter saw is sitting on it...

I doubt I'll get to the Hole in October.. the next time I could do a trip would be in Nov/Dec timeframe....

I'm glad everyone had a good time.

It sounds like everyone had a good time! Thanks for spearheading this Ron :lotsalove:

Hope Rick finds his stuff. I did not loose anything, nor did I gain anything!

I haven't received any messages from anyone who found extra gear, but I'm hoping that maybe over the weekend, if others are like me, they'll be taking a closer look while packing away the washed scuba gear for the next trip.

I also have a Stand like Jason's. I found it at the Home Depot. Last time I looked, maybe a month ago they had these.

Honestly, at the Hole, a stand is not necessary IF you are using the table area. However it does give some extra room. I purchase one for..... a shop bench! Go figure! My compound miter saw is sitting on it...

I agree that it's not necessary at the Hole, and we usually are pressed for space anyway. I was thinking for Turquoise Lake, Twin Lakes, and Blue Mesa, where there are no picnic tables, or they are much further away than I care to walk geared up. Also, it would make a good portable stand for my compound miter saw or many other uses around the house and rental properties. :wink:

I doubt I'll get to the Hole in October.. the next time I could do a trip would be in Nov/Dec time frame....

I'm going to Bonaire :mooner: Oct 10-20, so doubt I'll make it down to the Blue Hole in Oct either. But, I'm open for a trip in Nov or Dec. :eyebrow:

I finally got my video posted. This is my first video and it was done on the cheapest underwater digital camera. The surprise for me was that it would do videos too. I have reduced the quality of the video for streaming on the internet and because it is on my machine, which only has a DSL connection.

When my wife saw the video, she commented on how much bigger it seems underwater. She has only seen the surface and had the impression the Blue Hole is very small.

Blue Hole Video

I finally got my video posted. This is my first video and it was done on the cheapest underwater digital camera. The surprise for me was that it would do videos too. I have reduced the quality of the video for streaming on the internet and because it is on my machine, which only has a DSL connection.

When my wife saw the video, she commented on how much bigger it seems underwater. She has only seen the surface and had the impression the Blue Hole is very small.

Blue Hole Video

That looks pretty damn good!! Who was it that said we all looked like we are meditating under water? That put it pretty accurately!!

Who's the clown in the BRIGHT WHITE fins??? :D :rofl3: Man, do they show up!!

Hey Dan, thanks for posting the great Video. I just got back from 17,300 feet up at Everest Base Camp. That negative elevation sure looks inviting to me now.

Tjack, were you looking for an assault or trekking to base camp? What company did you arrange it with? I have thought about this for years, but I'm not ready to do it.

Jerry

Hey Jer we were trekking. Nepal is awsome, I will PM you with more info.

OMG!! You went to Nepal? Now THAT is impressive! Hope you took lots of pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom