2nd day of CW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rahim

New
Reaction score
I felt discomfort on my 2nd CW, i need some advice on a few problems; dry throat, feel like throwing out (almost),neutral bouyancy control and also breathing method (shall it be diapghram or chest)?

rahim:
I felt discomfort on my 2nd CW, i need some advice on a few problems; dry throat, feel like throwing out (almost),neutral bouyancy control and also breathing method (shall it be diapghram or chest)?
That's what your instructor is there for. Talk to him or her about these issues.

Dry throat - due to dry air. Its common, you get used to it, try sipping some water prior to dive.

Feel like throwing out - not quite sure what you mean here so i'll guess. Some people get a gagging sensation with the mouth piece in and this is often remedied by using a smaller mouthpiece on the regulator.

As said though, talk to your instructor - he's the one that knows you best.

Dry mouth/throat is just one of those things that generally comes with diving. Drink water - alot.

The other problem is not really normal.

The dry throat thing -- if you pay attention and notice it before you get too dry, just try to work up some saliva, and swallow.... Of course you want to drink plenty of water before diving. And there are gadgets you can use that will carry a small supply of drinking water and provide through a small tube connected to your mouthpiece -- though, the reviews I have heard about them are less than stellar. Finally, if you open your mouth just the tiniest bit and let a drop of sea or pool water in, that will help you produce more saliva as well.

But, as everyone has already said, discuss these things with your instructor -- that's what you're paying for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom