2nd stage adapters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remy B.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How many of you use angle adapters on your 2nd stage ?, I'm looking for a 110* adapter, I heard to stay away from the swivel adapters, I guess the fixed angle ones don't fall under this category

Any brand that I need to stay away from ?

I use both the 90* and 110*. Just be aware that there is an extra o-ring in there that could need attention at some point.

Personally, I dive the swivels Edd sells and really like them. There are lots of people including Kakuk that are against them. I look at it as a calculated risk. Between my wife and I we have about 8 ball swivels that have been in use for 5 years. People swear they will randomly come apart. I call bs. I'm sure they will if you don't inspect them and make sure everything is in good order. The "failures" I've had have only been two and what happens is you put your gear in the water and the swivel bubbles because the oring is going bad.
I prefer them greatly over angles. Ihink they could carry some risk but I think the failures are grossly overstated. I also thing Kakuk's overreaction by banning the, is ridiculous. But he controls the pool in the Bahamas so you've got to play by his rules.

Personally, I dive the swivels Edd sells and really like them. There are lots of people including Kakuk that are against them. I look at it as a calculated risk. Between my wife and I we have about 8 ball swivels that have been in use for 5 years. People swear they will randomly come apart. I call bs. I'm sure they will if you don't inspect them and make sure everything is in good order. The "failures" I've had have only been two and what happens is you put your gear in the water and the swivel bubbles because the oring is going bad.
I prefer them greatly over angles. Ihink they could carry some risk but I think the failures are grossly overstated. I also thing Kakuk's overreaction by banning the, is ridiculous. But he controls the pool in the Bahamas so you've got to play by his rules.

You have less than 100 dives and you had two failures already even that the % is low for Tec diving I think is not acceptable, I prefer a Static O-ring vs a dynamic O-ring.

Idk why my thing says 50-100. I must have accidentally hit that and never noticed. I have well over 500 ow dives(stopped counting 10 years ago) and well over 100 full cave dives now.
I would say the 2 swivels that bubbled had over 200 dives each and likely higher. I have 6 more with high numbers of dives with no issues.

On edit idk why the f it says barracuda either. I stopped paying attention to those side blurbs on here forever ago because they never coordinate with reality.

You have less than 100 dives and you had two failures already even that the % is low for Tec diving I think is not acceptable, I prefer a Static O-ring vs a dynamic O-ring.

The hose end o-ring that's already sealing your hose/2nd stage is not a static o-ring. And I don't use the swivels, but the 90/110* adapters use the same o-ring that's on hose ends so the risk is the same, just an additional o-ring

Last edited:
I have had the Omniswivel for over 5 years with hundreds of dives without issues until it started to bubble recently (never serviced it since I started to use it). I ordered the o'ring kit with the tools for it. I suppose if you service it every 3 - 4 years, there should be no issues with it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom