2nd stage Decal not in service kit. Reusable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have a question about your second stage service kits. I've noticed they do not include the decal. I'm assuming that the decal is a sticker and once removed may not stick again. If my assumption is incorrect and they are in fact reusable I humbly apologise. If not, then I'm wondering why the decal is not included in the kit.

When I dove DR regs the service kit came with the second stage decal, it made sense as often the decal would get damaged/deformed etc during removal process. I did try to reuse one but it wouldn't stick properly again.

I'm about the swap internals into two of the revised cases, thanks Jim, so am wondering about the decals.

Cheers.

---------- Post added May 12th, 2014 at 07:18 AM ----------

Ok, turns out my assumption was wrong and the decal doesn't need to be removed. I apologise for wasting people's monthly internet plans by reading this pointless thread.

Not a pointless thread at all. I just learned that the decal does not need to be removed on a Hog 2nd stage. :)

I wrongly assumed there was a spring adjuster under it as with my Apeks. I should have looked at the schematic a little more closely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom