2nd stage hose too short?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the feedback everyone, i appreciate hearing what you've gone through and learning from your trials.

Could your tanks be sitting too low on your back? The valve should be just behind and only a little bit below the center of your head.
our tanks are HP119's and the valve sits at around the base of our neck. ironically almost everyone i see at our local quarry has their tank set so low their tank base is almost level with their knee.

Just a thought, but are you sure you've got the hoses on the right LP port and the first mounted appropriately for the port you're using? The miflex hoses are fantastic, but I ended up with a shorter miflex than the stock SP hose.
the mk25's are mounted downward, with the LP ports on the bottom and the HP ports on top. the octo is on the outer most port (right hand side), primary 2nd is on the inner port (right hand side), and the inflator is on the other outer port (left hand side). the inner port on the left hand side is empty. any thoughts to this set up? maybe swap out the octo and 2nd stage ports?

All this talk of the Seacure neglected your comment about possibly needing a smaller mouthpiece. The Seacure is big. I might suggest a mouthpiece with the silicone pads on it, as it is easy to clench and is smooth on the outside, while not going so far into your mouth. That's this one: Scuba Diving Black Silicone Octopus Snorkel Mouthpiece Color Tab Regulator Tie | eBay for the cheap version, and this one for the expensive Atomic Aquatics version: Atomic Aquatics Regulator Dual-silicone Comfort-fit Mouthpiece - Pink

Another possiblity is the Comfo-bite. Some folks swear by them, but they're too short for me. It's worth $10 to try. Aqua Lung.. Comfo-bite Silicone Regulator Mouthpiece 127826 with reviews at scuba.com Get some zip ties from the hardware store and just try different ones until you're happy. You have a great second stage in the G260, and the weight outside the water and size under the water are less important than its great performance. Don't let someone talk you out of it just because they think it's "heavy."
the Seacure seems to get great reviews, but if it's large as you say, then it may not be best for us. i'll check out the other options you listed. and i love the g260, it may feel a little heavy on land, but in the water it doesn't feel heavy at all and breathes great. also sent you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom