2nd stage regulator setup.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nope, just keeping it "out of the way". Good thing we aren't dive buddies. I'd intentionally have a purge button inverted, put vip stickers on inverted, .... :stirpot:

Nothing, it's just on a 4" hose.

I meant that there appears to be some adapters between the hose and the transmitter and the transmitter isn't plugged into the hose directly.

I meant that there appears to be some adapters between the hose and the transmitter and the transmitter isn't plugged into the hose directly.

No, there isn''t, the transmitter is attatched directly to the hose. I'll disassemble it and post photos later.

Last edited:
I'm running a 40" hose for my primary off of a Deep Six 1st stage and have been considering either a swivel or a 70, which this thread has convinced I should add a 70. The conversation between @buddhasummer and @rhwestfall now has me wondering about a different aspect. The Deep Six came set up the same as buddhasummer has his set up (lp ports on top, hp below), except this puts the 5th lp port sticking straight up. Is there a problem if I turn the 1st stage over, and run the primary out of that 5th port, which would now be pointing straight down? I realize I would need to make sure there is clearance from th BCD or tank, but is there anything else I'm not considering (or, most likely, don't know to consider).

Thanks,
Erik

Thanks, buddhasummer, I'll rework it and see if it clears the bc/tank. Another plus, the logo will now be pointing up. It's silly, but that always bothered me.

Makes sense. I also considered going sideways, with the 5th port facing out to the right, and using that port for my backup 2nd while having the primary come off of a now facing downward port. This seems to put the hp ports a bit far away for my spg, but I'll play with both setups and see what shakes out. Thanks again.

Makes sense. I also considered going sideways, with the 5th port facing out to the right, and using that port for my backup 2nd while having the primary come off of a now facing downward port. This seems to put the hp ports a bit far away for my spg, but I'll play with both setups and see what shakes out. Thanks again.

Hmmm...not sure if that would work very well, "sounds" messy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom