2nd stage tuning (sp s600)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigMac

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I thank everyone who has given me advice on this board and even the ones who haven't. Thanks!

I have a scubpro Mk25 / S 600 regulator. My question is the 2nd stage a two adjustment or a one adjustment rig?

1. adjusting the lever height through the ortifice
2. adjusting the adjuster in the adjuster of the spring

should both be adjusted by the crank it up method until it leaks then back until it stops?

What does Scubapro say the proper way to tune my reg. is?
Help will be appreciated!!

I have been servicing my other rigs (TX 100 , Oceanic Delta) for 3 years now but just got the SP last spring and doing this without the service manual. I have the schmatics and Vance's book!
Thanks in advance!!!
Mike

Set lever height by adjusting the orifice. I'm not sure what SP spec is but I set mine to just a hair above the case rim and it works fine. If it leaks, lever is probably too high and preventing the LP seat from closing on the orifice.

Adjust balance spring tension. I believe the SP spec is to do this with the knob in easiest breathing position. Should be set right on the edge of leaking. This is not easy to do without an inline tool. I believe it was Vance who indicated that some mfgrs recommend this setting with the knob in a middle position. So I set my G500 to freeflow slightly with the knob about 1/4 in. With this setting, the freeflow is very light even with the knob all the way out. And it is easy to control in the water but takes a little atttention. Obviously not as easy as jusk cranking it all the way out and go. This lighter than spec setting should also reduce the pressure even further on the LP seat in storage.

Back
Top Bottom