3 Day's in Cozumel All Inclusive or No Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cobra852

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The wife just brought up the idea of going to Coz for a long weekend so after I picked myself off the floor I figured i'd post here to get the scoop on the best deal or opinions on the best Op's she's a diver but wont be doing more then say a two tank in the morning although I might talk her into letting me do more. Where's a good place to stay? Is all in-clusive worth it? What dive op should we use?

We've been to Cozumel and dove there as part of a cruise so we have some idea of what were in for.

Thanks for all your help.

P.S. Wife only has about 25 dives so we wouldn't be looking for anything too challenging.

If you like a lot of variety and want to try the restaurants in town, then the all inclusives are not worth it. But if you like to just hang out at the resort and eat from a buffet every meal then try the Fiesta Americana or the Occidental Grand. You will be happy with either of them.

I would recommend Blue-XT-Sea as a dive op. If you choose them you will be glad you did.

The Reef Club is the least costly AI on the Island they have three pools and they are on a beach. Food is OK but not spectacular, 15k south of town so $15 taxi. Many small hotels in town for 30-40 a night but no pools and no beach. Walk to everything is nice. Baracuda hotel on the south end of town is on the water and they did a nice job on creating a sand terrace with stairs to a man made ocean pool for shore diving entry. They get about $75 a night and are walking distance to town plaza and most resturants. It is a basic hotel full of divers and it is clean.
I would recomend www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul has a small fast boat 6 divers max. He is great at going slow and finding the little cridders most people miss. You don't get tired when diving with him. If you are going soon he probably has openings as he relies on word of mouth and does not advertise.

Cobra852:
Is all in-clusive worth it? What dive op should we use?
Second the motion for Blue XT Sea.

We really enjoyed eating at all the different locations mentioned in the Restaurant sticky at the top of this forum, and at Blue XT Sea's web site. That was one of the most enjoyable parts of the trip for us. So, if you like to venture out and see the town and meet the locals and try their very delicious foods, inclusive might be a waste of money.

Cobra852:
The wife just brought up the idea of going to Coz for a long weekend so after I picked myself off the floor I figured i'd post here to get the scoop on the best deal or opinions on the best Op's she's a diver but wont be doing more then say a two tank in the morning although I might talk her into letting me do more. Where's a good place to stay? Is all in-clusive worth it? What dive op should we use?

We've been to Cozumel and dove there as part of a cruise so we have some idea of what were in for.

Thanks for all your help.

P.S. Wife only has about 25 dives so we wouldn't be looking for anything too challenging.

If you like in town, I would suggest Casa Mexicana casa Mexicana and for Dive ops I like Dario and Xtabay

but don't take my word for it research
here and http://dive.scubadiving.com/talk/list.php?1 and also http://travelnotes.cc/cozumel/index.php

hay it's half the fun.

My wife and I stayed at the grand occidental. I would do this again and again if we could. They treated us very well. There is an on site dive operation called dive palancar. You are close to the reefs and come back to get tanks between dives. This gives you the option of getting an extra dive and only being gone for an hour or so. It is an AI with three special restaurants. If you are looking for an intimate weekend with easy access to diving then consider this. My wife and I are newbies and they treated us great.

Hi Cobra! We used Living Underwater last month and I can't say enough about the service and the diving. It was all around great. They use steel 100's (for the guys) and 95's (for the girls). Aldora and Liquid Blue are the other ops that offer the large tanks. There are probably others as well.

We stayed at Fiesta Americana for 4 nights. The location was perfect - 15 min on avg to dive sites but only a $6 taxi if you feel the need to go to town. We don't usually do AI but for a short stay where we didn't care about shopping and crowds or going out every night, it worked very well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom