3 Days In Mauritius For Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hit up No Limit Divers Mauritius - a friend recently dived with them OUTSIDE of the lagoon and got some good stuff.

Edited to add -

Got some more info today - Just Diving - dive site called the Aquarium offered up Rhinopias today. Photog friend highly recommends them.

Last edited:
Hi, jumping on this thread to ask a few questions, since I'm leaving for Mauritius in two days. I'll be going for my family (we are going for my mother's birthday, and she is notoriously known for her last minute organisation), none of them are divers, but they are fine with me sneaking out a few days for some diving.

We will stay 2 nights on the east coast first (in Beau Champ I think?), than 5 nights on the west coast, a bit south from Flic en Flac. So I was wondering there is any interesting diving over there? Does winter has any influence on diving (I've only dived in warmer areas for now - sorry if the question sounds stupid)? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

You shouldnt have any problems in Flic En Flac where there are quite a few dive ops..personally if you could get down to Mahebourg or up to Grand Baiie you may find the diving a bit better quality. Winter if you can bring a 5mm but you should encounter reasonably good conditions within the lagoon.

Great, thanks!
The trip is already all booked, I don't quite know how much flexibility I will have, but thanks for the recommendations and I'll see what I can do there! Now, I just need to pack.

Hey Charlier:

My Wife and I are headed to Mauritius in March. What was your report on diving and operators?

Also are rentals DIN?

Thanks.

Mvb

Last edited:
Sorry, we have been caught up in the dreary cold and snow. Mauritius is wonderful, but not my first or second choice for a dive trip. During our visit, we experienced a few storms and bumpy seas did not help out. Plus we were on a sailboat.

I understand it a bit with a Zuma, but I don't understand why a steel tank would be an issue with a Halcyon bp/w? Is it because of how the divers hard their weights configured for the trip? Or something else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom