3 Days In Mauritius For Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just the short fat awkwardness for my zuma, my buddy said her bpw felt unstable with the dumpy Y Valve tanks. The Y Vales have DIN and Yoke on them MVB.

I understand it a bit with a Zuma, but I don't understand why a steel tank would be an issue with a Halcyon bp/w? Is it because of how the divers hard their weights configured for the trip? Or something else?

For my wife and I, we had no problem with wts. and tanks. With steel tanks, we are both overweighted.

Thanks!

Anybody recommend operators for Mauritius?

Just the short fat awkwardness for my zuma, my buddy said her bpw felt unstable with the dumpy Y Valve tanks. The Y Vales have DIN and Yoke on them MVB.
Fair enough. I tend to like the length of steel tanks (in cold water) but they fit my frame well (100s anyway) - I imagine that would be the same in warm water. However, I can see how a y-valve would feel clumsy & off-centered if diving with a single first stage. Weird configuration. Wonder why that's the standard there.

Back
Top Bottom