3 decade goal realized - Certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As a kid at the family cottage in Muskoka, Ontario, I used to do a lot of snorkeling. I've had it in the back of my mind ever since to try scuba, and finally made my move, doing my OW certification dives at Wiarton, up on the Bruce Peninsula, last weekend. Thanks to Bruce and Yvonne at Groundhog Divers in Kitchener, and to Rob, Julie, and Richard for their patience and excellent advice at all stages!

Julian

Congratulations on your recent certification!!! No looking back now! Way to go!

As a kid at the family cottage in Muskoka, Ontario, I used to do a lot of snorkeling. I've had it in the back of my mind ever since to try scuba, and finally made my move, doing my OW certification dives at Wiarton, up on the Bruce Peninsula, last weekend. Thanks to Bruce and Yvonne at Groundhog Divers in Kitchener, and to Rob, Julie, and Richard for their patience and excellent advice at all stages!

Julian

Better late than never! Congrats on getting certified, now get out there & get wet!

(How apt that a dive op in Wiarton is name Groundhog Divers :rofl3::rofl3:)

Thanks! Now for the shopping...

(Brian: a minor correction - as originally posted, while the certification dives were at Wiarton's shores, the LDS is in my town of Kitchener (although there's another by the same name in Port Elgin.)

Julian

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome underwater!!!

Pretty good value if you only have to go once.

Pretty good value if you only have to go once.

Actually, I mis-wrote somewhat - there were three dives on the Wednesday before the weekend at one Wiarton site, and then the final two at a second site also at Wiarton, which is about two and a half hours' drive from home (but a very pretty drive overall). It was very good to be able to get these dives done so close together during a week's vacation, as my work schedule has made it awkward to schedule my confined water (pool) dive sessions any better than a few weeks apart - hence my thanks to the LDS and the associated instructors for accommodating me. They really have been terrific!

Congrats!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom