3 Nudi's to Name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello again,

To the pleasure of LeslieH, Alcina and other who are tired of naming my Nudies. I have taken it upon myself to name a bunch of my own nudibranchs. With many web searches I think I found the names of all but 3. If it's late at night and you want try your luck at my last 3 here they are. Also for the insanely knowledgeable...did I give any the wrong name??:banghead:

L to R: Thuridilla sp., Flabellina bicolor, Chromodoris geometrica.

#1 looks like maybe Thuridilla something
#2 Flabellina bicolour
#3 Chromodoris geometrica

As soon as someone helps me find the error in my jalbum skin I can get my updated and expanded nudi page up!! LOL

Where's this Nudibranch Gallery? Never mind...I'm a space cadet...

I'm not sure about your P. elegans but my eyes are crossed trying to figure out the difference in those blue and yellow bumpie ones! lol

Chad_Ordelheide:
I think the "White & Tan" one is named correctly in the "Nudibranch" Gallery :)

It's named Glossodoris Dendrobranchia in your gallery but I don't agree... :D

Look at the pictures of Glossodoris Dendrobranchia here:

http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet.cfm?base=glosdend

Note the light coloured gills and rhinophores... I think "White & Tan" is a Glossodoris cf. atromarginata.

Hmmm, your right, the link you gave me doesn't look like the Glossodoris Dendrobranchia. A bunch of people called it that on the Slug Forum. Bill Rudman seamed to think it was the G. Atromarginata, but he was concerned there was no black line margin?? I might have to change this one!! :) Thanks

Back
Top Bottom