3 Out of 8 tests down!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdowndh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I took my 3rd test last night, 100%. This was the DM Assisted Programs, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Next on the list for our next session is Equipment, Skills & Environment, and my Predive Briefing...

Equipment is a BIG chapter...

Moving along!

Awesome!

Have you done the Big Swims yet?

No, we discussed that last night. The local pool is only 25yds across and my instructor is OK with doing it there, but he really wants me to wait until we head to a Cozumel trip in Feb. I would really like to at least get the 400yd and the tread water skills out of the way. My buddy, who is taking DM with me, suggested looking around for a 50yd length pool last night, which is what we hope to find. Our instructor convinced us that the 800yd and the tired diver tow would both best be done in the upcoming trip, meaning ocean... I'm OK with that, just don't want to get too physically spent while on vacation.

Ya, I did my 400 at a local pool (25 yds). I can tell you its a lot easier if you don't have to keep turning around. :D I think you'll find the 800 snorkel to be pretty easy though...

Ya, I did my 400 at a local pool (25 yds). I can tell you its a lot easier if you don't have to keep turning around. :D I think you'll find the 800 snorkel to be pretty easy though...
I agree, with a couple of comments. We did our first tired diver tow at the lake, out and back with a cross-current and towing a big guy. Try to avoid that in the ocean. And for the 800, use a snorkle that is easy to breathe through. Some the dry snorkles are much more diffuclt to breathe through normally and when you swimming the 800 and sucking air, you want access to as much air as possible. I learned the hard way!

I agree, don't use one of those $30-40 snorkels with useless features. Looks like most of these are smaller in diameter than good old snorkels. Get a cheap freediving snorkel that can deliver good volume of air.

Back
Top Bottom