3 years old unused regulator.. should I buy / service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mochi428

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I'm thinking of buying my own regulator (Aqualung Mikron), but the only stock available in my local dive shop was manufactured in 2016 (it is brand new though). Should I go for it or should I find something online? Or, if I buy if do I need to immediately conduct servicing on it since it's been sitting around for 3+ years?

Really appreciate any advice!

It’s a fantastic reg, serviced anywhere.......ask the dive shop for their “recommendation”, I suspect they will check it over (IP test, neg pressure test etc) and let you know if it needs a complete overhaul which is doubtful.

If if that is the reg you want, unless there was a great disparity in price, I would pick up the one from the shop. You might discuss a reduction in price due to age, although the age makes no difference they might want to get it out of stock.

Bob

You might be able to get them to perform a fresh service on it at n/c. Not like they have to clean anything, just break it down and reassemble with a new kit.

Back
Top Bottom