30/30 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 30/30 came today--nice suit and a great price(I found a new one on the Factory Seconds list). I'm a stock Medium in my TLS350 and this one is a Medium too. It fits well, but is cut much slimmer. I tried it on with a double layer fleece suit from Pinnacle, but will probably only be wearing it with a single layer of fleece--the double layer underwear is a little snug. I'm looking forward to wearing it in Florida in the fall and the cenotes when I return to Mexico for Full Cave next spring.

Can you comment on what kind of water temperatures would those layers correspond to? What would be the maximum amount of insulation that you would feel comfortable using with the suit? I also fit a TLS350 on the stock sizes and I am considering a 30/30 from the factory seconds list but, given that this would be my only drysuit, I am a bit worried about whether it would limit my water temperature options too much.

I had it in Lake George in water temps around 70 and it was comfy. It would have room for a pair of long underwear underneath the single layer of pile, but I wouldn't plan on much more than that. That covers a lot of territory, though. Certainly the cenotes and the liveaboards with those 27 dive weeks. I'm on Little Cayman now, and the 3mm suit is fine, the water is about 82.

I am living in Libya now where it is warm most of the year with water temps average around low to mid 70's F. I am contemplating buying the 30/30 for diving in Libya year round instead of the 7mm suit I use in the winter and 3mm used in the Summer. I have used CF200 and CLX450 when diving in NE USA. I kindly need to know the following please:

1. I am not sure if I should get the ankle seals, sole boots or rock boots. Please give me hints on how to make my decision and why (pros and cons of each please).

2. What is "cave" cut? There is no mention of this feature in the DUI web site or catalog.

3. What are the appropriate underwear garments available from DUI for this suit?

4. How durable is this suit when diving around wrecks (I know that it isn't a CF200)?

5. How easy is it to change the ankle seals if they were ripped?

Last edited:
Figured I would bump the thread as I am about to purchase a 30/30..finally! I was looking in the fall and then got distracted with some personal issues, but am back in the market.

Any difference between the SE versus front entry (does it affect fit)? Is this just a personal preference? Thanks.

Hi Vel525 -

The fit is the same on either model. Yes it comes down to personal preference. We have 30/30's available on our DOG Rally & Demo Tour. If you can make it to one of these events you might be able to test dive both.

You will LOVE diving dry with the 30/30. It's so lightweight and will keep you warm and happy!

Thank you,

Kathy

Well, got my 30/30 and so far pretty good. My local dealer helped me cut the seals and I am sitting here watching X Men 2 on tv in my drysuit..hehe. I am planning on taking into a pool this week to get a feel for it before my big trip to the Philippines and Palau!

So one quick question. I added a p-valve for when I do longer decompression dives, but when I am just doing non-deco dives should I just leave the hose in place? Sitting here I just have it in and it doesn't seem too bad. I figure the more often I take it on/off the more of a chance of it leaking. Thoughts?

I am living in Libya now where it is warm most of the year with water temps average around low to mid 70's F. I am contemplating buying the 30/30 for diving in Libya year round instead of the 7mm suit I use in the winter and 3mm used in the Summer. I have used CF200 and CLX450 when diving in NE USA. I kindly need to know the following please:

1. I am not sure if I should get the ankle seals, sole boots or rock boots. Please give me hints on how to make my decision and why (pros and cons of each please).

2. What is "cave" cut? There is no mention of this feature in the DUI web site or catalog.

3. What are the appropriate underwear garments available from DUI for this suit?

4. How durable is this suit when diving around wrecks (I know that it isn't a CF200)?

5. How easy is it to change the ankle seals if they were ripped?

Most people using the 3030 for all or most of their diving end up with turbo soles on the suit for greater durability and less concern about changing out ankle seals. They are no harder to change out than traditional wrist seals but it is something you would not want to do on most dive boats. As these suits are already very close fitting, they are not available in a cave cut.

As for insulation, I usually wear it with a Actionwear 150 but I am a wimp and get cold even in 80 degree water.

And for durability, it is not as durable against punctures as the other suit materials. Of course, most people in that type of environment are good about staying off the bottom!

Faith

Well, got my 30/30 and so far pretty good. My local dealer helped me cut the seals and I am sitting here watching X Men 2 on tv in my drysuit..hehe. I am planning on taking into a pool this week to get a feel for it before my big trip to the Philippines and Palau!

So one quick question. I added a p-valve for when I do longer decompression dives, but when I am just doing non-deco dives should I just leave the hose in place? Sitting here I just have it in and it doesn't seem too bad. I figure the more often I take it on/off the more of a chance of it leaking. Thoughts?

I would leave it. It shouldn't hurt anything!

faith

Back
Top Bottom