30cf Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaToys

$120.95 + $10.00 Shipping.

I'm trying to save some money....hence why I'm looking for something used.

Humm that puts a different light on all these pony tanks that are up for sale now :)

all kidding aside what are you looking to spend?

was whodunit's price too high?

because i have dealt with him before and his gear is kept in great shape....

and what part of jersey are you in?

Not really sure what I'm looking to spend...I was hoping to spend about half of what I can buy one new at.

Whodunit was right up there with Panga unfortunately and he's in and out of the country...moved to Brazil I think.

I'm in East Hanover, 07936.

i have an al30 with a june 2010 hydro, fresh O2 cleaning, valve servicing and fill. maybe this can help.
hydro$20
O2 cleaning $28
vip$15
fill $8
valve O2 cleaned and serviced $20
even if tank was thrown in for free you'd already be at $91

hope you understand my point.

i would seriously consider moving up to a al40 from mike at DIVERIGHTINSCUBA
ill bet he can give you a terrific deal.

best of luck,
dive safe

(and in no way was this message supposed to be negative or sarcastic so i hope it didnt come across that way, just pointing out that even if you got a bottle for $50, it'll cost you $50+to get it ripping even if its in hydro)

Thanks for the info Ronzo....I have taken all of that into consideration and no that did not seem sarcastic at all.

Since I am not Nitrox Certified I don't have to pay for O2 cleaning yet, so it will cost me $30 for hydro and VIP at my shop. I think I may have found a tank....thanks!!

Anyway, why would you suggest a 40?

Do yourself a favor and get it o2 cleaned. Pretty soon you will want to get your nitrox ticket and it will be nice to fill your bailout with the same mix you are breathing.

The reason people go with 40's instead of 30's is because it is a standard deco tank for tech diving.

why a 40.... no crazy reason other than mike sells them for a terrific price ... i have both and use both and under most circumstances they are both fine ...

when hanging however, if i am out on a boat and am doing 2 dives, its nice to have the extra 10cuft .... and although you're not doing that yet ... how far away is it really?

Who is this Mike person and how terrific is his price? :) I am also looking for al30/40 as a pony/deco bottle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom