33 Of The Best Diving Sites In The World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't talk, but I do Squeal!!! People that have dived with me can tell you, you can always tell when I've found something!! :laughing:
I had a tech instructor like that - a Swiss guy.

If we screwed up you could hear him scream BIGTIME!!! :rofl3:

I'd probably ask you to squeal quietly enough that you didn't frighten whatever it was away before I got a pic!!! :D

I've done a good bit of those and I think there are a lot of good places missing!!!

#1 Dive site would be Cannibal Rock, in Komodo National Park

Richelieu is VERY close though...Oh man is that place awesome, but I do agree with Kim...WAY too many boats

I was in Komodo a couple weeks ago, and we didn't do that one. Is it in the south part of the park? I think all our dives were on the north side. We had some pretty fantastic dives, though ... definitely superior to a lot of the places mentioned in the OP's link ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I was in Komodo a couple weeks ago, and we didn't do that one. Is it in the south part of the park? I think all our dives were on the north side. We had some pretty fantastic dives, though ... definitely superior to a lot of the places mentioned in the OP's link ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yes, I believe if I remember correctly, it was on the South side of Rinca...Water is a little colder and the sites were unbelievable!!! Cannibal Rock, Yellow Wall of Texas...Manta Alley was South as well.
Absolutely Fantastic!

Bob did you get to do Current City???

I have done many of these too: Belieze, BVI, Vanuatu, Caymans, Jupiter, Coz, the Keys, T & C, Fiji, and the Bahamas.

I would call this a good, diverse list of popular places that are pretty easy to get to and have pretty much "western standards of tourism."

Certainly places such as PNG, the Solomon Islands, Cocos Island, the Galapagos, and even Saba blow popular areas such as Cozumel out of the water.

I think you missed a big one, the Galapagos Islands, Equador. :dork2: As far as you list, I've done the Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Manta Ray dive off Kona, Big Island, Bahamas twice, Channel Islands (not just Catalina) 2-3 times a year and I'm going to the Red Sea in October :) :) :) :) :)

the top 33 sites in the world are all in the Pacific or Indian Oceans...

:D

I would say 90%...but there are some really AWESOME cold water dives if you're not whiny cold water wuss!! :D

I had a dive last summer off Catalina where we had about 7 or 8 large Leopard sharks cruising through the Kelp, It was truly amazing. Then a couple days later I had 70' vis on the Yukon, you could not wipe the smile off my face. It was right up there with anything I've experienced in the Pacific or Indian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom