360 vr video dive of the Seacrest Cove 2 I-beams, West Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Laura! Make's me miss Seattle. Are you using the hero360? Must have had it dpv mounted. The way the floor peels away while getting down to the I beams is trippy. Would love a cam like that down here in HI.

HI Aquanomad, yes, 6 gopro heros in the v1.0 of 360heros underwater array, and a simple v1.0 six camera array for the topside. I made a mount for my SUEX scooter and that was a game changer, the scooter keeps the system much more stable. The stitching is the crux tho for 360, as it is not really automated at all yet, and the software has a bit of a learning curve. I use KOLOR Autopano Video Pro 2.5 and Autopano Giga. When you start getting it sussed out, it is amazing, and i believe potentially the best tool we will have to protect and save the Oceans by immersing the non-diver in a virtual experience that lasts longer in the minds eye than conventional video. When viewing in the youtube viewer this video will work with Google cardboard or similar and smartphone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom