3d Printing a sheath for my trauma shears.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still teaching myself the whole 3d design and printing so I snatched a Monoprice Select Mini v2 when they were almost giving them away on Amazon. Up to now I've been fairly satisfied with it, but I can forsee outgrowing it (mostly the small bed on it) soon. But for the price it is an amazing machine.

Still teaching myself the whole 3d design and printing so I snatched a Monoprice Select Mini v2 when they were almost giving them away on Amazon. Up to now I've been fairly satisfied with it, but I can forsee outgrowing it (mostly the small bed on it) soon. But for the price it is an amazing machine.
I got a Taz 6 because I knew I'd outgrow the small bed size... I rarely print anything that needs such a large print area, but when I want to print a full size viking helmet I can do it. Lol

I can forsee outgrowing it (mostly the small bed on it) soon. But for the price it is an amazing machine.

I'm yet to see any offerings for a larger format printer that are a better bang for the buck out there right now than the CR-10. 12"x12" print bed for ~$350ish that makes great prints is really hard to beat.

I have a Peopoly Maoi SLA printer for work prototypes. I'll put the Goodman Handle file in there and see how it comes out. The resolution on laser 3D printing is amazing, and we have a tough resin that should work perfectly for this application.

- Leafy

I have a Peopoly Maoi SLA printer for work prototypes. I'll put the Goodman Handle file in there and see how it comes out. The resolution on laser 3D printing is amazing, and we have a tough resin that should work perfectly for this application.

- Leafy
Before I bought the taz I looked at sla, for like 2.3 seconds.

When I win the lotto I'm going to buy a metal printer...

I'll be testing it out under water soon and if I am satisfied with this version I'll be posting it to Thingverse and will add the link here. So:
So Pat.D have you tested it out yet? I just got a 3d printer (ender 3) and would be interested in your file!

So Pat.D have you tested it out yet? I just got a 3d printer (ender 3) and would be interested in your file!

I have not used it under water yet, but I'll be happy to share it.

If you use Fusion360 here is the public link for my project: https://a360.co/2TPHXwQ Also for Fusion360 the attached Zip folder contains a model file you can import and modify. In the attached Zip file is also a sliced gcode file you can print.

Before printing this, remember that not all trauma shears are exactly the same. This model fits mine after I have ground off the patient protector tab at the end.

Attachments

• Shear Case with model v6.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 121
@wwunder Did you see the newest issue with some of the connectors on the Ender 3? On the heat bed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom