3d Printing with an SLA Peopoly MOAI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a printer just yet, but plan on getting an ender 3 in a bit and try to build a bracket for an alien like light. (basically 3 Orcatorch 520s on a goodman handle) Will try PETG first but figure worst case if that doesn't prove to be strong / durable enough can just prototype using the printer then get it machined out of Delrin by a mail order firm. Fun what is possible these days.
I used petg to print a proto type box for a compass we mounted to a autonomous boat. Turned out good enough I never ended up machining one out of delrin. It won't last as long, but I can reprint a new one while I sleep and it's in a cool translucent green. Lol.

My latest print. I haven't yet cleaned it up. Photo taken while it is in the curing station.

skeletons curing.jpg

Unfortunately it took 35 hours to print at 20um so it wasn't ready for Halloween. It still looks pretty groovy.

Drone is getting close to its first flight.

drone build progress.jpg

Ar. Drone 2.0 flight controller, Mateksys PDU, turnigy multistar motors, and a printed Mavic Pro body.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom