3D printing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro 108/109 Diaphragm cover by James1979
Modeling it in FreeCad was easy... I'll try printing but I have concerns about supports. If anyone has a dual print head and can run a separate support material, this design would probably be a great candidate.

edit to add: support worked out, but still need to iterate until the design is right... will work on it more later. I did post the FreeCad Files if anyone wants to adjust from what I have.
... and you've successfully emailed (sort of) a diaphragm cover to Florida in about 6.5 hours!

Pulled it out of the printer. Rinsed in IPA, removed supports and took the photo. I didn't do any sort of clean-up yet.

diaphram cover.jpg

... and you've successfully emailed (sort of) a diaphragm cover to Florida in about 6.5 hours!

Pulled it out of the printer. Rinsed in IPA, removed supports and took the photo. I didn't do any sort of clean-up yet.

View attachment 508750
Sweet! Let me know how the fit is.... as labeled, it's still a work in progress. If there are any issues I'll adjust and repost.

I printed v2 with 95 duro sainsmart TPU. Fit seems pretty good. Its a little stiff to push the purge, but not too bad. It took under 3 hrs to print with 100% infill at 30 mm/sec. I think it was 15% support and the first layer of the top is a little stringy, but its hidden anyway.

I had retraction turned off so i got a little stringing and a couple blobs, but I'm pretty happy to have a useable part on the first try! Thanks for the design James!

I printed v2 with 95 duro sainsmart TPU. Fit seems pretty good. Its a little stiff to push the purge, but not too bad. It took under 3 hrs to print with 100% infill at 30 mm/sec. I think it was 15% support and the first layer of the top is a little stringy, but its hidden anyway.

I had retraction turned off so i got a little stringing and a couple blobs, but I'm pretty happy to have a useable part on the first try! Thanks for the design James!
No worries, I'm stoked it works on only the 2nd iteration! Have you tried getting the "S" disc in it yet? That's an area I'm particularly curious if I got right.

I haven't found the old S yet, but I did manage to get a quarter in there.

I haven't found the old S yet, but I did manage to get a quarter in there.
Sounds like a win to me! I might try a version 3 to see if I can make it a little easier to purge, but I also feel like 109s purge a litle too easily.

Hi people. I was given an old AMF Swimaster MR12 second stage. Its in a very bad condition and I need to refurbish. The purge button is also crystalized and has broken to pieces.
I modeled the purge button and will print next week.
Here is the model :
AMF Swimaster MR12 Purge Button by emoreira

Just my two cents.

Edit: I will create a V2 of this with the inscriptions of the label.

Edit: I will create a V2 of this with the inscriptions of the label.

Lettering on small parts doesn’t print very well. Depending on the material and application it can compromise part integrity as well.

It’s worth doing some testing to see how well it works out, but I wouldn’t expect great results.

Lettering on small parts doesn’t print very well. Depending on the material and application it can compromise part integrity as well.

It’s worth doing some testing to see how well it works out, but I wouldn’t expect great results.

I guess that the letters are worthless and requieres a lot of work.

I have some Scubapro second stage tools if anyone wants the STL files.

Attachments

• BC462A06-492C-4365-9714-228F42705675.jpeg
    BC462A06-492C-4365-9714-228F42705675.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 147

Back
Top Bottom