• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

3D printing...

Discussion in 'Making your own Gear' started by The Chairman, Jan 27, 2019.

1. saxman242

saxman242 Divemaster Candidate

If you really want it to be durable, use your printed part to make a silicone mold then pour cast it out of urethane.

BenjaminF likes this.
  2. Pilotmaverick

Pilotmaverick DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I will first try it out with PET-G and see how it holds. It feels super sturdy so I dont think there will be the need to cast it in urethane.

3. AevnsGrandpa

AevnsGrandpa Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Neat to see this thread. I have been 3d printing for almost a year now (Creality Ender 3) and am always looking to find or design useful things.

For those who have done some things that you use underwater, will PLA be Ok or should you go for PETG or ABS?

Jeff

4. emoreira

emoreira Dive Resort

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I've been printing BCD flanges with ABS 100 % infill and 0,1 mm layer height with good results. I've not printed still with PETG. Is something I have pending.
    ABS is tricky to keep adhered to the print base as it contracts a lot when it colds down. I was told that PETG has not that very problem.

5. Galt

Galt Angel Fish

I've been printing a couple accessories for my TG5 camera setup. I will post some pictures later of the actual prints but here are a couple screenshots. I made an adapter to hold a DGX video beam 600 light onto a locline YS adapter, and I have also been designing a poor man's snoot to fit my Inon S2000 strobe.

Attached Files: