4 days in Manila -should we go to Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So now that we have to go with dive op attached with the resort, would you still recommend Acacia over Aiyanar?
Yes, I would go for Acacia over Aiyanar.

Ricky is the spotter I dove with while at Acacia. Found him professional and knowledgeable although we were with a group of beginners. You mentioned one diver being a beginner. How much so? Would they need a private DM, even for the first day until everything settles in. If Ricky is leading the dive and has to take care of a new diver the others looking to spot critters may not get to see everything that they could.

We had Ricky with three other DMs, including Bert and Edwin. Two DSD divers each had a dedicated DM who were actually tethered to the divers. The third DM was with a DSD diver but who was competent in the water so he dove untethered. This left Ricky able to lead and spot without having to babysit. Total of 4 DMs to 6 divers.

I also had my 6 yo, MIL, a non-diving BIL who stayed back at Acacia while we dove. They took them out to a secluded beach one day while we dove nearby and picked them up on the way back.

Ricky is the spotter I dove with while at Acacia. Found him professional and knowledgeable although we were with a group of beginners. You mentioned one diver being a beginner. How much so? Would they need a private DM, even for the first day until everything settles in. If Ricky is leading the dive and has to take care of a new diver the others looking to spot critters may not get to see everything that they could.

We had Ricky with three other DMs, including Bert and Edwin. Two DSD divers each had a dedicated DM who were actually tethered to the divers. The third DM was with a DSD diver but who was competent in the water so he dove untethered. This left Ricky able to lead and spot without having to babysit. Total of 4 DMs to 6 divers.

I also had my 6 yo, MIL, a non-diving BIL who stayed back at Acacia while we dove. They took them out to a secluded beach one day while we dove nearby and picked them up on the way back.

That is great to know, thanks! The beginner diver actually is no longer coming. There's 2 of us that are very experienced, and my wife who is experienced but still struggles with bouyancy a bit. So total of 3 of us. Would you recommend 2 DM's? None of us are photographers. We just want to see critters cuz they are cool and fun :)

Probably not. None of the divers sounds like they need special hand holding and since no photographers then you should be fine without an extra dm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom