Closed 4 PST HP130 tanks

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flmedic89

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For sale 4 PST hot dip galvanized HP130 steel scuba tanks...hydro good until January 2020 on 2 of them and August of 2020 for the other 2...and visual just performed. Born in 2005. DIN but I have plugs for YOKE. 3442psi working pressure. $250 each obo

Location please? Photos please.

I don’t know much about PST tanks. I am interested but where do they fall in with this article? If someone knows a bit more please elaborate.

“This is an update on Pressed Steel Tanks (PST) and should be shared with anyone who owns a PST tank and also all dive stores servicing or filling these tanks.
DEMA has received numerous calls regarding the impending expiration of the Special Permit from the US Department of transportation (DOT) under which Pressed Steel Tanks were produced. The Special Permit was issued in 2011 and expires on January 31, 2015.
DEMA has been in contact with the DOT and, working with Professional Scuba Inspectors (www.psicylinders.com), has obtained a copy of the NEW Special Permit which expires in 2018. This means that all PST tanks with the neck stamped with SP9791 or E9791 which are visually inspected and within hydrostatic test date are valid and may be filled (or hydrostatically tested as needed).” And yes, photos please

I don’t know much about PST tanks. I am interested but where do they fall in with this article? If someone knows a bit more please elaborate.

“This is an update on Pressed Steel Tanks (PST) and should be shared with anyone who owns a PST tank and also all dive stores servicing or filling these tanks.
DEMA has received numerous calls regarding the impending expiration of the Special Permit from the US Department of transportation (DOT) under which Pressed Steel Tanks were produced. The Special Permit was issued in 2011 and expires on January 31, 2015.
DEMA has been in contact with the DOT and, working with Professional Scuba Inspectors (www.psicylinders.com), has obtained a copy of the NEW Special Permit which expires in 2018. This means that all PST tanks with the neck stamped with SP9791 or E9791 which are visually inspected and within hydrostatic test date are valid and may be filled (or hydrostatically tested as needed).” And yes, photos please
The permit always gets extended. Here is the link. Permit got extended until 2022 and will continue to do so.

https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/approvals...ile-serve/offer/SP9791.pdf/offerserver/SP9791

Sorry guys...I’m in southwest Florida.

Attachments

• BFCAFFAB-08D8-4E7A-88F2-9A95DF35A4DE.png
    BFCAFFAB-08D8-4E7A-88F2-9A95DF35A4DE.png
    301 KB · Views: 85

Back
Top Bottom