40 years ago today.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was an interesting article in National Geo about the Edmund Fitzgerald. Not recently at all, but I remember reading it and interesting letters to the Editor in following editions. I can't find it online just now. It might have been from 1985. I'll search some more and see if I can find it.

Posted today
Edmund Fitzgerald | 40 years under Lake Superior

From 2001
Edmund Fitzgerald: Decades of Speculation, Fascination and Grieving - Lake Superior Magazine

My wife, a retired NGS librarian, says this is probably what you are looking for:
Title:
Requiem for the [Edmund Fitzgerald]
Publisher, Date:
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC magazine 1996 Jan.
Description:
36-47
Subjects:
[Edmund Fitzgerald] (ship)
Archaeology, underwater
Shipwrecks
Superior, Lake, Canada-U.S.
NG ENG JPN
Other Author:
Farnquist, Thomas L. Author
Cree, Jeffrey Photographer
Kristof, Emory Photographer
Other Title:
The [Edmund Fitzgerald]
Notes:
Jan. 1996

[added] You can get at this online through National Geographic if you are a subscriber.
http://archive.nationalgeographic.c...graphic society/national geographic/home.aspx

Last edited:
Tursiops! For some resason I didn't find your reply before tonight. Thanks for the information. I remember reading it at my folk's house in MN, so I figured it must have been the mid 1980s. But then again maybe I was just visiting and it was as late as 1996. I am a subscriber so I'll try reading it online when I am at my desktop. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom