• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

47 Meters Down: The Next Chapter

Discussion in 'Scuba Diving TV & Movies' started by divinh, Mar 13, 2019.

1. almostDIR

almostDIR Barracuda

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    but they would not consume enough air to get into trouble during the whole film's runtime if they would lower their SAC by using fins :popcorn:

I wonder why they even bother writing these scenes happening underwater in the first place. The cave sharks could as well fly mid air if they just want to do unrealistic and entertaining stuff

2. Manatee Diver

Manatee Diver Manta Ray

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
    It operates exclusively on PSI/BAR per minute.

Here are the calculations that the Teric does for the SAC rate, and then how it calculates the gas time remaining. Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 11.14.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 11.15.17 AM.png

3. MrVegas

MrVegas Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Thanks -- that all makes sense. I'm a little embarrassed by my question now, so I appreciate the remedial math lesson.

Anyway, to get somewhat back on topic, I guess the spgs in the movie could pretty easily display percent of air remaining. Why you would want that instead of estimated minutes remaining, I'm not sure. Except that if you did it as minutes remaining the audience would probably be wondering why the gauge only went down 10 minutes in 20 minutes of movie (as they were going deeper and swimming harder).