49th NOGI Awards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUAS-NOGI President

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences is proud to announce This years 49th NOGI award recipients !

Bonnie Cardone - for Arts
Hannes Keller - Science
Walt " Butch" Hendricks - Sports and Education
Mike Gower - Distinguished Service

All award recipients will be in attendance at the AUAS 50th Anniversary in Orlando Florida November 5th 2009 at the Rossen Center Ball Room D starting at 6 PM

Wyland will be presenting his ICON Awards to
Emory Kristoff
Dan Orr
Stephen Frink
Guy Harvey

We look forward to seeing you there. For more information on this historical event go to the AUAS-NOGI website

The Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences is proud to announce Dr. Phil Nuytten is the Master of Ceremonies at the 50th NOGI Awards Gala, November 5th 2009 at the Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando Florida.

Dr. Nuytten is one of the World’s most accomplished divers. He is an explorer, inventor and co-founder of Oceaneering International, Inc. As the president and founder Nuytco Research he continues to be a driving force and world leader in the development and operation of undersea technology.

Come join us at the 50th Annual NOGI Awards Gala

This year’s 50th NOGI Awards Gala will me Emceed by Phil Nuytten as I have mentioned in my previous post. Some of you may know and some of you may not know, but he is also the publisher for DIVER Magazine, the longest-established scuba diving magazine in North America. The stories are unique and the presentation is top notch. I have always looked forwarded to the new issue and will continue to cherish every issue. Thanks Phil for all your support and keep up the good work!

I would like to announce that we are very thankful for this years support from Kirby Morgan Diving Systems for the 50th NOGI Awards Gala. Connie Morgan,
conniemorgan_extraforce1.jpg

who is like my little sister and Kirby Morgan Diving Systems, is sponsoring Brigit Anderson’s efforts in presenting the “Gold from the Winfield Scott” produced by her husband , Dick Anderson, during the Awards Gala. It will be rare chance to view this historic film shot in 16mm. Tickets are almost sold out so be sure to go to the AUAS website and book your ticket.

At this year’s 50th NOGI Awards Gala, Wyland will present his Icon awards.
The Wyland ICON Award, in conjunction with the Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences, recognizes the achievements of those who have made a positive difference for the underwater world.

This year’s recipients are Emory Kristof, Stephen Frink, Dan Orr, Guy Harvey. For more information please visit the Wyland Foundation and the AUAS websites.

Ball Watches became a supporter of the AUAS and the NOGI Awards last year and this year we are proud to announce that they are again going to be apart of this years 50th NOGI Awards Gala.

Ball Watch was born in Cleveland Ohio USA and has set strict standards in time keeping. In the beginning in 1891 a 30 second variation was forbidden and Ball Watch has always been the Official Standard maintaining accuracy under adverse conditions.
ballwatch.jpg

Ball Explorers Club is a partnership with explorers from all reaches of the earth and above. They have continued the tradition of accuracy and innovation by helping modern explorers keep time. At this years 50th NOGI Awards Gala Guillaume Nery,- Three time World recorder holder in Free Diving, will be in attendance and he is part of the Ball Explorers Club. He will be one of the many remarkable people that will be in attendance to this historical event. Be sure to get there at 6pm for the hosted bar and a chance to interact with everybody.

Look forward to meeting you Guillaume Nery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom