4th Trip To Curacao booked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are excited to be heading back to CUR for our fourth Jan trip to the island. Like this past Jan we are going to split our time between Lagun Blou and Nos Krusero. We thoroughly enjoy the diving, the accommodations and the island. Nonstop JetBlue flights with air on points a big plus. Without using the points the air is still about half of the air to Bon.

We do our weeklong Jan CUR dive trips for about $2.5k. Have not found a place yet that is as affordable offering quality diving. Mostly shore diving for us but we will try to get a 1 tank PM boat to Watamula. Gowest will do it with four divers. We were lucky to be able to do it the last 3 years. So far our favorite dive on the island.

Happy diving

So jealous. CUR is high on my list but the airlines are trying their best to keep me away. From Houston, I can get non-stop on United to Bonaire or Aruba in 4-5 hours but they don't go to CUR so I'm left with American, a plane change in Miami each way, in 8-10 hours. I've even looked at non-stop to Aruba and hop over on Winair but flight times don't line up going, requiring an Aruba overnight.

Yes Reefhound direct flights at a reasonable fare is the trick to find and usually drives where we dive.

Rhwestfall, there are worse habits :)

On this trip we are also going pass on renting a car at the airport and rent directly from Lagun Blou. Allwest and some other places do this and it works well. When you arrive at the airport you are met by a driver with a sign with your name and your off in minutes. Lagun Blou will stop at Centrum before we head out and we get the car at Lagun Blou (Allwest seemed resistant to stop at Centrum and took us to a smaller market on the way out which we learned later was a poor substitute for Centrum.

Renting at CUR at the airport as we are finding at a lot of airports can be a PIA and take 40 minutes or longer and they may not have a car for you. On one of our prior trips we had people in front of us told there was no car for them and there was no car for us on our last trip but they arranged a car with another company which was nice but required us to wait in yet another line.

Three of us can fly RT direct to Curacao for less than a single RT (multi-stop) ticket to BON...

Trip #5 for me, we'll be there a month in January We love staying in Boca Sami (about mid-island)

We've always rented from Drive Curacao, off airport, easy pickup and dropoff, no muss, no fuss

I schlep my own gear, so we're talking $6 tanks and maybe a bit more for a chair and shade if you're on a private beach. I love inexpensive shore diving !!

Back
Top Bottom