5/3 Pics - Durban North Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShoalDiverSA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Went snorkelling on Saturday on the North Pier in Durban. From appearances above the water, I was not expecting much. It turned out to be a very interesting and rewarding time. Took a few photos, but the vis was quite poor. However, two of them were quite good (except for the particles in the water...):

SV405336.JPG

Scorpionfish

SV405350.JPG

Nudi

Cheers,

Andrew

Nice pics, the scorpionfish is a nice one.

Thanks for the compliments!

scubaculture:
I like the shot of the scorpionfish, nasty looking bugger isnt he :)
The most worrying part is how long it took me to see him (her?)! He was lying on a submerged rock about 30cm below the surface. There was a very good chance of someone clambering along the rocks next to the breakwater standing on him. Reminded myself to be more careful, then nearly proceeded to headbutt another one about 3m down while checking out a nudi egg spiral! Time to buy some chainmail... :)

Cheers,

Andrew

It's not going to win any awards either, but here's another shot from the outing. I like it for the "soft-focus" effect caused by the sunlight reflecting off the rocks.

SV405365.JPG

Octopus

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew,

Don't apologise about the vis -- I actually think it adds something to the scorpionfish shot. Looks like it's snowing on the fish, and the snow has accumulated on it. And at least you're going diving. I haven't been underwater since early November! Thanks for the look into your local waters.

Marlo

Nice shots - no worries about the viz, looks like home to me :D.

Nice shots, Andrew! No need to apologise. There are some things you have no control over. I agree about the octopus shot. Do you have some more of him?

Jet

I really like that Octo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom