5 Free Vyper Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rainman_02:
The SK7 can be disassembled carefully using the same way of opening "child-proof" medicine bottles.

Picture shortly.

Not true, not true. Unlike child proof bottles, you do not need band saws, cutting torches and big hammers to remove coax a SK7 ou of it's boot :D

Tobin

Captain CaveMan:
I got ine in last night. wow it sure makes it nice to have it on my wrist.
can you give me some pic of the boot for the sk7 compass and how to install it i cant get the compass out of the suunto holder
Take a look at the pictures in my Member Gallery. I put a console SK7 into Tobin's mount a while back. I found the console boot to be some serious stuff to get the compass out of and ended up using some diagonal cutters to make a cut on the thinnest parts of the boot to the left and right. Then it pretty much fell out. Didn't hurt my feelings, I had no use for the console boot anymore.

The bezel did come out using the hot water treatment, however, but having the rim all the way around the bottom of the clear compass part makes it almost impossible to get out of a hard boot.

But it was worth it...awesome mount....

There is also another thread around that talks about the SK-7. Personally I had no problems with getting the SK-7 out. The bezel popped easily and then I took a small flat screwdriver and inserted it under the compass through the side window and gently pried it out.

I had a chance to use my new boot this weekend.
Very slick, very neat, an well and truely worth the measly sum that Tobin is asking for them.

It was simple to thread up, took about 5 minutes in the car on the way to the site.
I love the way the bungy joint tucks into the groove out of the way. It seems to sit lower than the original boot, and doesnt have the "forehead" that the old one does. All up it certainly seems like a lower profile. It sits nice on the arm, even with just a drysuit and no thermals, like I had today.
I cant say too much more because its so simple...It just works and works well. Its neat, clean, and tidy, no snaggy bits, no fuss.

The downloader plugged straight in, once again, not much to say, it just works.

If you have a Vyper or Vytec, I would highly recommend forking out the few bucks for one of these, I really like 'em

Dave

Back
Top Bottom