50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heh...dunno, they don't let me out much.

But I DO know that each time you read about some middle-aged pre-geezer like me croaking on a charter boat, there's a potential lawsuit shaping up nicely.

And even if the lawsuit is unsuccessful, it's expensive for the charter op to defend themselves and their employees spend lots of time in court instead of bringing in profit.

So when Colorado Fred comes along and indicates on his paperwork that he's over 65, sounds like the Dominica cruise lines excursions folks decided that Fred just didn't fit their profile......

Not saying its right - but why else would they tell Fred to pound sand?

Hmmmmm....diver over 65.....Risk/Reward Ratio says? Ehhhhh - wrong answer, Jocko!

Hopefully Colorado Fred can make arrangements with another operator. (Hell, I think I'd explore a different cruise line, but I get feisty easy...and besides, he may have already paid for his tickets.)

Hey... we have 2 spaces still available for our trip to Riding Rock Inn, San Salvador-Bahamas from June 20-27. Cost is $1392 for the resort/diving/meals, etc and $440 for air from Ft Lauderdale direct to the island. Right now the youngest person in our group is 50 so if you're reading this thread why not come along with us!

Feel free to pm me for details.

Hi, I'm a newbie to this site.. 57
I'm originally from Miami, but now in W Palm Beach,FL. Been diving since 1982...dive of course W Palm, Keys and a few of the islands, Cayman, Belize, St Lucia, Bonaire and Turks & Caicos. PADI certified advanced. My favorite place is Cayman...Trying to decide for this years vaca dive trip....been looking @ CoCoView Roatan. A little concerned with the bug situation, they really love me. Input anyone???

Hi, I'm a newbie to this site.. 57
I'm originally from Miami, but now in W Palm Beach,FL. Been diving since 1982...dive of course W Palm, Keys and a few of the islands, Cayman, Belize, St Lucia, Bonaire and Turks & Caicos. PADI certified advanced. My favorite place is Cayman...Trying to decide for this years vaca dive trip....been looking @ CoCoView Roatan. A little concerned with the bug situation, they really love me. Input anyone???

If no seeums like you (they really love me!) then you will need to bring a LOT of deet when you go. I stayed at CoCo View back in 1989 and loved it.... went back down to Roatan about 6 years ago and stayed at Fantasy. The resort and dive operation was great but was disappointed with the decreased marine life overall.

Love Little Cayman as well as T+C, especially Salt Cay and Grand Turk.

Why don't you come join my group this June when we head down to San Salvador....

I am +1 over the big "50" and lovin' life more then ever!! I live south of Ft. Worth, Texas..I am a blue water addict and ALWAYS up for a warm water dive trip! I have my master diver card and gearing up for my dive master C card.
Michelle

Would love to but no can do in June.....have you dove San Salvadore before? Will check it out...
Where are you staying there? Thanks for the reply!

Port Charlotte, Florida
I Kayak dive mostly in Venice, Florida
Fantasea Scuba is my LDS
AOW

What's all this "over 50" nonsense? God willing I reach 62 on Tuesday and I'm at least as active in diving as I ever was. I still do long (rebreather) and very deep (currently somewhat below 350ft) dives when the occasion demands, and I still teach quite frequently. Nothing's changed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom