50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Cape Town (53 years old)
I dive whenever I holiday - Sodwana South Africa, Ponta Mamoli Mozambique, Pemba Tanzania, Dani Beach Kenya, Seychelles, Thailand (Koh Samoui, Koh Toa, Phi Phi) Malaysia (Sipidan and Lankayan) and Indonesia (Bunaken)
My favourite dive shop? Sorry dont shop!
certification - PADI open water diver - more than enough for a holiday diver worldwide....

50 (but I still think I'm in my 30's - denial is a great virtue)
Puget Sound WA diving
Advance OW, Rescue Driver and Deep Diver (lot's of deep water here)

Just wonderful to dive with all of the critters (wolve eel's and big Octos are great).

Man, you have made me feel old...

And you are such a young one here...hummm

Current chronological age: 53 (mental age questionable)

Where do you live?
Harrisburg, PA

Where do you dive? Any warm water when I can get there. Dive hx does include some cold water, like the quarry here known as the Bainbridge SCUBA Center (where I was certified - BRRRRR!!!) and the Pacific off Catalina Island in SoCal. Favorite dive spots include Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Fort Lauderdale, and Bermuda. I've also dived off Tarpon Springs/Tampa in the Gulf, Key West, in a cave in Crystal River FL, and off the shores of Waikiki Beach in Oahu.

Favorite dive shop? I love wandering around Divers Direct in Key West (salivating at all of the nifty stuff); online I also like All Things SCUBA and LeisurePro.

Current certification? Just FINALLY got my AOW after years of false starts!

Just got back from a great short trip to Fort Lauderdale (where I completed my AOW) diving four days and one evening/night on the reefs and wrecks there. Currently suffering from SCUBA withdrawal...:shakehead:

Current chronological age: 53

Where do you live? South Salem, New York

Where do you dive? Well, I haven't been in the water since Papua New Guinea in 2005 but am booked on the Paradise Dancer in June. We just did a dive in FL last weekend that was awful 4-6 feet waves.

I have been to: Heron Island, Fiji, Caymans, Bonaire, Pemba, Thailand, Maldives, Galapagos, Solomon Islands (liveaboard fan, can you tell?), Sipadan, Papua New Guinea, Red Sea, Cozumel, Belize (land-based), Manihi, Tikehau, Bora Bora, etc.

Favorite dive shop? Anywhere

Current certification? Divemaster certification in 1986 (wow)

well iam 59+ dive cold water springs in fla. going to grand turk to dive some warm water . the best thing my grandaughter {16} is my dive buddy

but getting out of those deep holes in fla. is getting hard. dive shop scuba center in inman s c

HI ALL......... It has been awhile since I've surfed this site...hope all is well with evereyone...HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY !!! I am traveling to San SAl, Bahamas with a group from this site. It will be an awesome an interesting eperience!!

I am a diving diva, 53 yrs, living in Rotterdam-Holland.
Master Scuba Diver
400 dives
started diving in 2003
Bonaire, Red Sea, Indonesia, Thailand
I love travelling and organizing divingtrips for divers with passion

63 Still working
Utica Michigan
I have dove Bonaire, Belize, Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Kona Hawaii, La Paz Mexico, Socorro Islands Mexico, Tobamory Canada, Turk Caicos and local Michigan waters.
Dive Master
Seaside dive shop

Live in Bend, Oregon
AOW
Dive all over but mostly Thailand(Koh Tao, Similans) and Cozumel. Just a warm water wuss.

Back
Top Bottom