50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by Dutchman
OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

:coffee: Yep, 50 + 3, I think
I live and work in North Alabama
I dive every chance I get, I just haven't had many of those chances since I got certified. Winters in NA do not afford many opportunities.
I have two dive shops I visit and enjoy them both.
I am only OW with dives in the low double digits.

But I am just gettin' started! :wink:

Randy

Aeolus:
I will be 61 in November. I will be celebrating 5 years since my open heart surgery in December 2001 to replace the ascending aeorta and the aeortic valve. I still am a fairly active diver as I do about 2 or 3 dive trips per year. I spent a week on Utila in April, followed immediately by a week on Roatan to save on airfare. I am looking for some new dive buddies as the younger ones I had now have more responsibilities, new kids, marriage, ill family member, etc., which preclude them diving now.

I AM DIVING THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER ORISKANY OUT OF PENSACOLA,FL ON NEXT SATURDAY 6/10/2006!!! I am really pumped about that.

I live just west of Houston in a subdivision near Richmond, TX.

I have BOW, AOW and EAN certs and probably will not get more with the possible exception of Rescue.

The dive shop I use the most is Sea Sports Scuba on Westheimer, since they closed the one on the SW fwy (boo hiss).

Speaking of age, I once dived with a woman on Roatan at FIBR who was 82 and still going strong. She only made one dive per day, but did not miss any days during the week while we were there. I hope that I can keep going like that.

DSDO

That is so cool. I hope I can live that long let alone still going under.

Well, I'm not quite eligible for this club yet, but give me 1.5 yrs and I'm there! Certified at age 46 and have 80+ dives so far.
Live in NE Texas
Dive local lakes- Clear Springs & Tyler State Park mostly. Also Blue Lagoon, Broken Bow, Athens, Comal River
Aquarena Springs in San Marcos
Cozumel
Roatan
Nassau Bahamas
Favorite dive shop? Scuba Steves Aquatic Adventures- Tyler, TX
Current certification? AOW

Foo:
Well, I'm not quite eligible for this club yet, but give me 1.5 yrs and I'm there! Certified at age 46 and have 80+ dives so far.
Live in NE Texas
Dive local lakes- Clear Springs & Tyler State Park mostly. Also Blue Lagoon, Broken Bow, Athens, Comal River
Aquarena Springs in San Marcos
Cozumel
Roatan
Nassau Bahamas
Favorite dive shop? Scuba Steves Aquatic Adventures- Tyler, TX
Current certification? AOW

How did the clean up go on Saturday at Lake Tyler? I wanted to attend but had other commitments.

Dutchman:
How did the clean up go on Saturday at Lake Tyler? I wanted to attend but had other commitments.

Here is a link to the thread about the Tyler State Park Trashfest. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=144162

FYI, Dutchman, Lake Tyler and TSP are two different places. Lake Tyler is huge, heavy boat traffic, residential lake, way too dirty to dive, and south of Tyler. TSP is a small, clean, quiet little state park lake, with paddle boats, kayaks, trolling motors only, and north of Tyler. Didn't want you to end up at the wrong place some day! :D

I''m 55, live in La Porte, TX (outside Houston) and dive just about any place it is possible. I am a PADI Instructor and a former dive shop owner in NC. My favorite dive shop in the area is closed now, but have a couple others I like. I won't tell their names though to be fair to them.

Bpeden:
I''m 55, live in La Porte, TX (outside Houston) and dive just about any place it is possible. I am a PADI Instructor and a former dive shop owner in NC. My favorite dive shop in the area is closed now, but have a couple others I like. I won't tell their names though to be fair to them.

BP, welcome to the Swamp Divers! I need to hook up with you on some dive info. regarding NC.

Dutchman:
OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?
OMG am I. I'm stopping on 59 this year, tho. :D

I'm in the Panhandle so I post more about Blue Hole in the Rocky Mountain forum than here. I've traveled to Calf, Ontraio, NC, Florida, Belize, Cozumel, Roatan & Utila, and some Caribbean sites to dive.

My favs are South West Aquasports in Lubbock and Scbua Training Center in Amarillo. Rescue & Decom certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom